London Bridge re-development

• 2 weeks later...

C9NicamXcAAO4Q3.jpg

Thanks for posting this, as well as all the others! Is it me, or is the platform on the right going to be really narrow for part of its length? (Or are those vertical posts in between the roof supports just temporary barriers?).

Those posts look like they will support the glass panels surrounding the escalator / stairs / lift, like on the completed platforms. So, yes, narrow on part of its length. I don't think it is any worse than the equivalent on platform 7.

Will be interesting to see how it looks on Tuesday when the Cannon Street trains start operating through there. Wonder how long it will be before the Thameslink tracks start going down over the top of Borough Market? They still seem to be installing the CMS (Cable Management System) on the bridge over Southwark Street.

Regards,

Dan

I viewed the site a couple of years ago from the Shard whilst perhaps it is not the largest station in London, must be the one with the most complex array of lines running into it and is it the busiest? as I remember seeing 4 trains approaching from the south at the same time 

Over the Easter weekend, the Cannon St. lines were laid through London Bridge Station's new platforms 1 & 2.

Trains won't be stopping there until those platforms are open for business.

Platforms really coming along. First journey on the new tracks yesterday AM. Inbound along what is platform 2 and outbound along platform 1. Yes, platform 1 is narrow in many spots but the overall station design is to keep people down in the concourse as much as practical instead of on the platforms as it was previously. Hence the massive lower level concourse with multiple escalator and stair wells to each platform, and no shops and little seating on the platforms. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived