Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

N Gauge:

Class 33/0 & 33/1.

A re-run of the class 67 bookset for Wrexham & shropshire please (returning to N and missed this first time round)

Class 442 Wessex Electric

SR/BR Merchant Navy

OO Gauge:

Class 122 DMU

Regards

Steve

Sorry, can't follow this thread, it's growing too fast.

What impressed me most last year was your announcement to produce a modelling water 4A000002 liquid. How about a liquid to represent scale oil for use with your water to create a harbour scene, or just for making roads and sleepers a bit oily?

Also, what makes todays platforms recognizable is the huge amount of civilisation rubbish. Please do a 1:76 scale representation to fill bins and tracks with.

Another idea: Electricity pylons!

Also some higher priced GER coaches would do well. Generally 6-wheeled coaches are a completely new field, I can only find few kits and except the Stove R no RTR items. There were lots of different types, even in the same train, AND they are space saving compared to bogie stock. OO gauge of course!

Felix

Preserves line? Hmmm.

In 4mm or 2mm the buildings (station, overall roof, goods shed and loco shed) of Ashburton are all standing and mostly original, and there's plans and books aplenty. There's RTR stock from yourselves and others.

May be a whole new generation of GW BLTs are in the wings waiting.

</tongue-in-cheek>

• RMweb Premium

Preserves line? Hmmm.

In 4mm or 2mm the buildings (station, overall roof, goods shed and loco shed) of Ashburton are all standing and mostly original, and there's plans and books aplenty. There's RTR stock from yourselves and others.

May be a whole new generation of GW BLTs are in the wings waiting.

</tongue-in-cheek>

Possibly a tie in with Ratio there then John :) With their existing train shed.

For me I'd go the following N Gauge products Class 117 & 120 DMU's, Bullied coaching stock, Class 22, Class 52 (just to make sure it isn't forgotten in N! ;) ) and an original D6XX Warship.

Also, perhaps a little controversial, how about some higher spec/quality chassis replacements for the 14XX & 45XX loco's released all those years ago?

Cheers

Tony

For me I'd go the following N Gauge products Class 117 & 120 DMU's, Bullied coaching stock, Class 22, Class 52 (just to make sure it isn't forgotten in N! ;) ) and an original D6XX Warship.

I would strongly vote for all of the above. :)

Forgot to add - the 50 in 4mm please (im sure a 2mm version would be welcome too, as for 7mm - that would give me a hot flush..) much like the 'Western' , the current class 4mm 50 offering leaves a lot to be desired.

Jon

I've tried to resist adding to this but it's no good, I can't stop myself........

N gauge class 06, class 120 DMU

OO gauge class 06, class 86, class 120 dmu and a class 123/124 trans pennine DMU

most importantly in O gauge:

class 06 and/or class 08 - if at £300 or less surely the loco to launch a thousand gauge O planks

and to shunt around those planks - some 16 tonners, vanwides and a BR brake.

Hello.

Im going to join in and ask Dave nicely NOT to produce the following in N Scale...

1. City of Truro

2. Any industrial saddle tank engine

3. A GWR 47xx or 52xx

4. 20ton tank wagon

5. GWR Railmotor

6. Any Nn3 or other 2mm NG stuff

Thank you! I would like to actually model something!

Missy :P

Could I go one stage further and ask all RTR manufacturers to publish their next 10 year programme, so that I can get on and build kits that wont appear as RTR! (I know, I know there are "laws" or something to stop this)

PaulG

I've resisted so far, but I guess if you don't ask...

In OO , another +1 for the 07 shunter. I've always wanted a decent one ever since I botched a Craftsman 07 kit many moons ago.

Also in OO, I'm stock collecting for building a layout based on Carnforth in the next couple of years, so anything WCML with the (hopefully still) forthcoming Dapol OO Brecknell Willis pantograph attached is fine by me. 86, 87, 90 etc.. I've bought a load of Dapol catenary masts in case they go out of the catalogue. Fixed height running of the pantograph is fine by me!

In N gauge, +1 for a 319 EMU . I live near the Thameslink line and have fond memories of commuting on them. The routes they run on must collectively have the highest number of people in a "catchment area" to have an association with them? North and South of the Thames.

My leftfield suggestion for new product lines would be an O9 scale (O gauge scenery, N gauge width track) model of Northern Rock on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Lots of people love La'al Ratty, and a market in Japan could be there with the twin Northern Rock 2 made for the Romney theme park over there.

Thanks for listening

Jamie

Sorry, currently on the sofa with a blanket and antibiotics for a chest infection............. Will the week after do instead? ;-)

As long as you're well enough to at least push the "Post" button from the sofa when the catalogue is officially ready to be announced with your new products in it...

Something rarely produced is all of the internal equipment used in a diesel maintenance depot , such as tool kits, machinery (lathes and drills) etc. How about high level maintenance platforms including steps, ramps, stanchions and chain link railings, that come in a modular kit form. In conjunction with this deeper inspection pits fitted with posts/piers that mean the rails are raised further from the pit, again in a modular kit form similiar to peco. Maybe some ready made buildings commonly seen on a depot site, stores, workshops, sand drying kilns, water sofenting plants and offices.

Just something a bit different.

Paul

What about expanding some existing coach ranges in N?

More Gresleys and Colletts, such as brake thirds.

2-3 different Mk3 catering vehicles to cover the widest possibility of LH/HST formations rather than a single one-size-fits-all model which is wrong for many liveries.

And for something completely new, Mk2b stock. Less likely to be duplicated by Bachmann than MkII/IIa

I will add another vote for an industrial 0-4-0ST in 4mm and 7mm fine standard (please, no more over-priced 0 gauge coarse-scale toys from anyone). Many of these were based on a 5' 6" wheelbase chassis, so a basic power unit could be used for a number of different types using different overlays for frame details. Even wheels could use a similar concept. A basic wheel, approximately scale 3' 2" with half-thickness spokes at the back of the wheel, could have overlays at the front to produce different style wheels. I have seen it done with 0 scale wheels with different numbers of spokes at the back and front, yet I had to look very closely to see the deception!

Archived