Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

• RMweb Gold

Hi Armchair,

As mentioned many many many times, Dapol WILL be producing the missing coaches for the FGW HST including the TGS, and buffet (which incidentally the first deco is in transit for approval as I type this).

Other coaches will be produced as we go along.

However please don't forget that wrexham & Shropshire has stopped but we are still going to produce those to enable the set to be completed as we have promised.

So please don't worry your fears are totally unfounded.

Cheers

Dave

Excellent news Dave regarding the missing WSMR coach..I will have 2!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Dave

Thats fine with me.. I will still have 2 sets as at moment I have pinched a coach from a third set where i have used the DVT and class 67 on a rake of coaches with Electra Graphics Chiltern Mainline sides.

How about the Chiltern Mainline livery aswell?

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I'd love some more Mk3s to extend my I/C exec HST - the two in the train pack just aren't enough and the only ones currently available are the ones with buffers.

Rather disapointing given the quality of the HST. So much so I'm now on the look out for Farish Mk3s.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Hi Ian,

only 2 coaches i'm afraid sold as a twin pack.

1 x MK3 and 1 x MK3 buffet.

Same for the Pendolino livery although i know there is another couple of coaches missing still.

cheers

Dave

Excellent news on the Pretendolino front (I know you have confirmed previously). Incidentally, the missing coaches on the this set are #12122 TSO 'D' #12138 TSO 'E' #10212 RFM 'F' & #10217 RFM 'F'.

Would I be right in guessing that of the 2 coach twin packs, for the above you'd have one TSO and one RFM in each pack. Not ideal, but also not unrealistic. Of course, prototypically, the set wouldn't have both RFM coaches in it, its just that one is spare.

Cheers

Adam

• RMweb Gold

I'd love some more Mk3s to extend my I/C exec HST - the two in the train pack just aren't enough and the only ones currently available are the ones with buffers.

Rather disapointing given the quality of the HST. So much so I'm now on the look out for Farish Mk3s.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Cutting the buffers off should be fairly easy and any mark left can be touched up with a bit of black paint.

Ian

Also rather rash as we are producing IC executive with InterCity 125 branding in about 3 months.

Still its a free world.

FGW buffet is on my desk now and rather nice. nothing of note wrong with the buffet except the roof vents are incorrect for some having studied pictures this afternoon. Will debut on display at Ally Pally.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

I'm just interested in seeing your next forays into the 4mm world, Dave.

If they're anything like as good as your openers, we're in for a fun time!

Dave.

Cutting the buffers off should be fairly easy and any mark left can be touched up with a bit of black paint.

Ian

Yep, that's what I've done. The recent 2 Swallow TSOs with buffers are a good match for the Exec HST set - the grey is ever so slightly out but not noticable in my eyes.

The 2 in my Exec set have been converted from Swallow to InterCity 125 branding with transfers, as has an extra TSO that used to have buffers.

With the 2 Exec TSOs announced by Dapol already, that makes 4 TSOs and a TFO (I think my designations are right but I may be wrong....). That just leaves a buffet, another TFO and a TGS. I just hope my 125 transfers and the colours on the existing coaches match the new ones when they appear.

It is so frustrating to only get part of what you need when you need it. By the time the rest arrives, you have moved on - possibly even to a completely different project. So, your HST may be no use any more, and never was as an incomplete rake either!

• RMweb Premium

Also rather rash as we are producing IC executive with InterCity 125 branding in about 3 months.

Still its a free world.

Great news! Any idea what the catalogue numbers will be for these so I can pre-order them? There's nothing listed in the 2011 catalogue, or (as far as I can see) on the Dapol website.

I don't think we're being too rash expecting to be able to buy Mk3s to go with our HST power cars. The delays to the TGS and buffets have been explained; However, the Grand Central HST was released at the same time as the Intercity Exec version and you could buy extra TSO & TFO for it at the time. The same wasn't true for the I/C Exec HST. The previous releases of I/C Mk3s had been snapped up already (presumably by those buying the I/C Swallow HST).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• RMweb Gold

I ordered a FGW HST set when they first came out but so far haven't received it as went out of stock after ordering from a well known retailer (not Hattons). I ought to cancel the order just incase they find a set at some distant future. The FGW mk3's came out but didn't want to order till the HST set came through the post.

The coaches have now all gone from retailers I have looked up, so doesn't look like I will be getting a FGW set at all now.

It wouldn't have been used much on the layout as they only came into Banbury over Xmas 2010 to reverse in order to avoid Reading.

Hi Roundhouse,

FGW HST packs are in stock at Dapol at the moment so your stockist, if he actually reads our monthly stocklist sent to ALL stockists can easily order you one.

That tied to the fact that we will, in 3 months, be releasing more MK3 coaches and a buffet, should help a lot.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Stephen,

I dont think your being too rash to expect that at all.

What wasnt taken into account at the time was production slots for extra coaches, plus the delay in the buffet, and as such we have gotten behind.

That allied to the 'talking heads' giving us the impression that they'd rather have the Farish MK3's as they were better (yes we read the forums :O ) led us to believe that maybe they werent wanted in the numbers we have subsequently found.

At the moment we have the following planned and slotted into production for the next 3-6 months

MK3 coaches (HST)

FGW

I/C swallow

I/C executive

Blue / Grey

Virgin

MK3 buffet RFM (HST)

Virgin

Blue / Grey

FGW

I/C Swallow

I/C Executive

Grand Central

MK3 + Buffet "twin pack"

W&SR

Virgin Pretendolino

Hope that helps

cheers

Dave :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Hi Roundhouse,

FGW HST packs are in stock at Dapol at the moment so your stockist, if he actually reads our monthly stocklist sent to ALL stockists can easily order you one.

That tied to the fact that we will, in 3 months, be releasing more MK3 coaches and a buffet, should help a lot.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

OK thanks for that. Useful to know about stock and next batches of Mk3's plus we now understand why they sold out so quick. I actually prefer the Dapol Mk3's (although the Farish ones are good for modifying due to their clear sides once the printing is removed).

I may well be making a phone call to see if they still intend supplying these to me or if they have cancelled my order. I know Hattons still have the HST set in stock so you may well have twisted my arm!

Regards

Ian

Hi Stephen,

I dont think your being too rash to expect that at all.

What wasnt taken into account at the time was production slots for extra coaches, plus the delay in the buffet, and as such we have gotten behind.

That allied to the 'talking heads' giving us the impression that they'd rather have the Farish MK3's as they were better (yes we read the forums :O ) led us to believe that maybe they werent wanted in the numbers we have subsequently found.

At the moment we have the following planned and slotted into production for the next 3-6 months

MK3 coaches (HST)

FGW

I/C swallow

I/C executive

Blue / Grey

Virgin

MK3 buffet RFM (HST)

Virgin

Blue / Grey

FGW

I/C Swallow

I/C Executive

Grand Central

MK3 + Buffet "twin pack"

W&SR

Virgin Pretendolino

Hope that helps

cheers

Dave :locomotive:

Glad I raised the issue now - your latest post has made me feel far more at ease. Judging by other responses on here and comments from friends, I was just the tip of the iceberg.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave,

The Farish ones are better in one respect - they're easier to find in the shops! :no: Now we've got a time scale for the next batch of Mk3s I'm happy to wait for the Dapol ones (which I do think are better than the Farish ones).

I don't envy your position of guessing batch sizes. Too small and there are lots of unhappy potential purchasers. To many and both Dapol and the shops are left with unsold stock. Unfortunatly it appears that with the Mk3s there aren't nearly enough!

Have you got a rough date for the TGS?

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

(PS. Repaired Yorkshire 9F still going strong with a very happy owner!)

Let me explain........ This year sees a huge increase in product and delivery with lots of new stuff. As such the catalogue is being expanded from 30 odd pages to a whopping 120 pages (at present) and this is taking time to collate and get right.

Dave,

Have you considered producing two smaller catalogues - an N gauge one and a 00 one. I am sure that many of your customers are probably only interested in one scale. Personally, as a 00 modeller, my only interest in the N gauge range is in identifying models that you may subsequently release in 4mm: I don't actually need a catalogue . If you are still going to make them available as a .pdf download from your website, then smaller catalogues would be quicker to download - if not, then I'm sure they would at least be cheaper to post.

PS Is there any news on delivery dates for the 00 MLA wagons anounced last year?

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium

Have you considered producing two smaller catalogues - an N gauge one and a 00 one. I am sure that many of your customers are probably only interested in one scale.

Make that 3 - don't forget the new 7mm scale O Gauge range :sungum:

Mike

Archived