Smithdown Road Junction

shanks522

was that easy to do and does it run off pickups or powered from a battery inside the wagon...?

Hi Jamie,

I assume your asking about the sound fitted 66? The loco is DCC with a chip and speaker, to run it on the layout i have altered the wiring on the top freight line so it can either be run on DC or DCC. 

cheers 

Graham.

Hi Graham

thanks for that, its a great looking layout...

Do you have a track plan of your layout... very good layout and I like the triangle part great for taking photos especially with the top line to... you inspire me to make something similar...

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Graham

thanks for that, its a great looking layout...

Do you have a track plan of your layout... very good layout and I like the triangle part great for taking photos especially with the top line to... you inspire me to make something similar...

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your kind words, Here is a very rough sketch of the trackplan, its split between the lower and upper levels, hope it helps.

post-6774-0-57756100-1413067514_thumb.png        post-6774-0-20895300-1413067519_thumb.png

Cheers

Graham.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Smithdown road will be attending its final exhibition at Canterbury Model Railway Exhibition on the 17th and 18th of Jan.

I've been giving some thought of what to do with the layout over the last few months and its with a little sadness that its being sold, the good news is that its going to a good home so all is well. The main reason i'm letting the layout go is because i get no use of it at home, it's housed in the (railway room) but is constantly stored beneath other projects and i just don't get to enjoy it like i used to. I don't want to break it up as i'm quite proud of it, especially as i got it into a magazine so i'd rather it had a new lease of life with someone else.

Over the next few weeks i'l post some pictures of construction and some favourites of mine, and maybe some more video's.

I'd like to thank everyone on here who has read / commented or offered advice on the layout and wish you all a Happy New Year.

Cheers

Graham.

Ohh no,

I really enjoyed watching this layout get built and redeveloped over the years. I hope the new owner has great fun.

Hi Phil,

I'm sure the new owner will have fun with it.

I'l be building another one in due course just as complicated!

Graham.

Can't wait, I know it's too early to say

Will it have OHLE masts :-)

It will Phil, Possibly in the Liverpool area, who knows? 

Hi Graham,

If the new owner for some reason doesn't have it, PM me!!

Sad to see it go as it's always been a layout I've liked to look at, one day I'll have an N gauge layout.

Good luck with the other projects..

Cheers Scott, 

I'l keep it in mind.

Graham.

Sad to see it sold I always amazed at the design and concept of it how you managed to get so much in but make it look spacious

Good luck with your new project

Brian

Just wondering( I think you've said before just had a quick look and couldn't find it ) but what's the length and width of the layout

Brian

Thanks for that shanks

my next layouts going to be 8x3 feet so quite interested in the way you've done the return curves

Brian

Archived