Smithdown Road Junction

shanks522

Evening all.

The layout is all put away now after another successful exhibition, Had a fairly trouble free show, couple of wagons played up and i may need to replace a point motor but other than that pretty good. Nice to meet some fellow RM webbers and lovely to see so many young people enjoying the trains, especially the 2 and half year old who new the difference between an electric with a pantograph and a diesel, brilliant! 

I did a little filming over the weekend and will do another video in the next couple of days which i'l post on here but for now here's a couple of pictures. 

post-6774-0-79092900-1382302798_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-62872900-1382302791_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Graham , Its an old mate from the past, boy have you been busy.As usual you have surpassed yourself once again, N gauge really does suit your style of layout. Its great to see your now on the exhibition circuit , now I know there is definitely no chance of ever getting you behind Invergeachy any time soon. Perhaps we may cross paths at an exhibition sometime in the future, hope you will say hello.

Your old mate.

Jim.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

Just a little update, A couple of new loco's arrived this christmas namely a DBshenker class 60 and a Virgin 87 which was a nice surprise. 

And mid December this little beauty turned up.

post-6774-0-81619000-1388179173_thumb.jpg

Another Mercig Studios masterpiece which i'm very happy with. should look great on the back of a charter rake.

Cheers

Graham. 

Hi Ralph,

Yes trains do run on that track, it is part of a return loop that comes off the Up line just inside the tunnel ( At the start of the video the 57+voyager are on the Up line). 

It's mainly to swap trains from the Up to the Down line so does not see as much use as the other tracks. 

Cheers

Graham.

Hi Ralph,

Yes trains do run on that track, it is part of a return loop that comes off the Up line just inside the tunnel ( At the start of the video the 57+voyager are on the Up line). 

It's mainly to swap trains from the Up to the Down line so does not see as much use as the other tracks. 

Cheers

Graham.

Thanks Graham, layout looks much bigger than it really is. nice work & great photo's/video's, hopefully see it at a show next year.

Hello all,

Just over a week and the layout has its first outing of 2014 at the Orpington MRC show in Pratts bottom.

Another loco arrived in time for the exhibition,Tornado, Not really a fan of LNER engines but i'm quite taken by the A1 and in blue livery looks great. 

really need to get the layout out now and have a little clean up and test! 

post-6774-0-49132700-1388785403_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate

what a quality layout, love the split level and the era of stock you run... would love to this for real

Are you out on the road with it at all, if so when and where at...

Excellent.

Jamie

Are you out on the road with it at all, if so when and where at...

Hi Jamie, 

The layout has some bookings for September this year but i need to confirm them, In fact you asking the question has actually reminded me to get on with it!

Cheers

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I've got the layout set up for a couple of days as its being photographed for a magazine, whilst its up i'm going to make some general repairs and add finer detail etc,

I will also take some video tomorrow of the newer additions but tonight i took a few pictures at dusk. 

Quite pleased with this, Tornado speeding north and caught the signal changing from yellow to red.

post-6774-0-66980400-1390863015_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-22408900-1390863359_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

Archived