EBay madness

Marcyg

5 hours ago, Hroth said:

That's because it sold for £300(+delivery). If you're using a phone or tablet, eBay won't show the item but direct you to something similar, unless you tell the browser to show the desktop page.

The point was that Rails want £595 for the RAF 91 - pre-owned!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hroth said:

I just thought....

For what these jokers want for simplistic Thomas items, you could pre-order Hornby's new top of the range Black Five, with smoke and sound. And if you pre-order two (one to keep and one to sell), choose your eBay moment and you'll probably recoup your entire expenditure!

Trying not to be cynical... :whistle:

Yes that’s true but hardly the same market target. Try giving your eight year old that and see what happens lol 

( note as 8 year old me I’d have much preferred the latter but I was the minority!) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Wasn't that the one that kicked off the entire debate in the first place?  :scratchhead::jester:

It could have...

I'm so gobsmacked at prices like these from a supposedly reputable shop that I've lost the plot!!!

It must be another work experience intern!!

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Has anyone else noticed it's an 0-4-0, not an 0-6-0?

I hadn't, as it's one of those ugly objects that my superstitious nature tells me that if you stare at it for too long you'll probably go blind....

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I hadn't, as it's one of those ugly objects that my superstitious nature tells me that if you stare at it for too long you'll probably go blind....

It's rude to stare...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

46 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

I know it is more Hornby Madness rather than eBay madness, but Over £100 for what is really a coach with no windows...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-APT-NDM-49004-034-Non-driving-motor-034-NEW-UNUSED-/144385178193?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Maybe a Chinese container ship has sunk making that model instantly "R@RE!!!!" 

Then again, 50,000  of them might wash up on a Cornish beach...

Edited by MrWolf
Internet death
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, Esmedune said:

I know it is more Hornby Madness rather than eBay madness, but Over £100 for what is really a coach with no windows...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-APT-NDM-49004-034-Non-driving-motor-034-NEW-UNUSED-/144385178193?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Brand new never ran.

Well it wouldn't have would it? It doesn't have legs for one thing.

• Funny 5