Much Murkle - back on the road

nickwood

Just had a look at the Pics above and it looks really neat, I'm going back to page 1 later for a full look through so you may get some more ticks I would imagine.

All the best,

Andy :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look at the Pics above and it looks really neat, I'm going back to page 1 later for a full look through so you may get some more ticks I would imagine.

All the best,

Andy :sungum:

Thank you kind sir.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bumped to remind anyone who is interested that I will be at Sutton Coldfield this weekend with Much Murkle.

Looks to be a good line up of layouts and should be well worth a visit on either Staurday or Sunday. Details in post no 206 above.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andrew. Please make yourself known, it's always good to meet fellow RMwebbers

I'll hopefully pop along and introduce myself on Sunday then Nick.Lovely layout that must be seen in the flesh.

• RMweb Gold

It was really nice to catch this in the flesh this morning at Sutton Coldfield.Worth the entrance fee alone to see it runs as well as it looks.Slow moving locos etc.It has the GWR charm about it with everything looking right.Nice to meet Nick and his team too. ;)

Just to reiterate what Robin has said, I think we arrived at Much Murkle about the same time this morning and the Layout is way beyond expectations.

The balance of scenic colour mixed with prototypical running made the viewing a real pleasure.

Here are some pics from my short visit this morning.

post-9335-0-51206400-1398611338_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72016800-1398611800_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29903100-1398611936_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37753500-1398612050_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53010500-1398612217_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60930000-1398612264_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89309000-1398612399_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54705400-1398612769_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05282800-1398612822_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44082300-1398612890_thumb.jpg

And finally one of Nick, (far left), and Robin (grwrob / A nod to Brent) in deep discussion on the merits of the GWR.

post-9335-0-33665300-1398612573_thumb.jpg

Hope you like them Nick :O

Bodge :sungum:

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I've just got home and unpacked Much Murkle. What an enjoyable weekend. Great organisation by the Sutton Coldfiled MRS  and my thanks go to Nigel Gosling and his team for looking after us so well.

The audience was a very mixed bunch from grandparents and parents with their offspring who were very well behaved through to the very knowledgeable enthusiasts. We had a great time sharing many laughs and answering many questions with everyone who stopped and spent time in front of Much Murkle, and there were many of them.

We were very busy all weekend which made the time pass all too quickly. It was great to meet Andy, I love the photos by the way, particularly the one of the Cider Factory :good: and Rob and have a chat with some fellows who appreciate the finer points of the GWR :whistle:

It was especially gratifying for Much Murkle to be awarded "Best Visiting Layout"

I'll finish with a message to Andy Yorke. If you're reading this Andy watch out for Phil Parker's boot !!!

I'm now going to sink a few glasses of RLW

• Like 4

I've just got home and unpacked Much Murkle. What an enjoyable weekend. Great organisation by the Sutton Coldfiled MRS  and my thanks go to Nigel Gosling and his team for looking after us so well.

The audience was a very mixed bunch from grandparents and parents with their offspring who were very well behaved through to the very knowledgeable enthusiasts. We had a great time sharing many laughs and answering many questions with everyone who stopped and spent time in front of Much Murkle, and there were many of them.

We were very busy all weekend which made the time pass all too quickly. It was great to meet Andy, I love the photos by the way, particularly the one of the Cider Factory :good: and Rob and have a chat with some fellows who appreciate the finer points of the GWR :whistle:

It was especially gratifying for Much Murkle to be awarded "Best Visiting Layout"

I'll finish with a message to Andy Yorke. If you're reading this Andy watch out for Phil Parker's boot !!!

I'm now going to sink a few glasses of RLW

And very well deserved it was too, well done again. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Nick, I'm so glad that you had such an enjoyable weekend with MM and I like to thank Andy for those very atmospheric pictures. Nowhere near as good as being there, but in the circumstance not far off. 

I also saw a 'Duke-Dog' I think, was that so? It looked entirely at home on MM and set me thinking as to whether I could justify one for Hintock. Maybe I could.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nick, I'm so glad that you had such an enjoyable weekend with MM and I like to thank Andy for those very atmospheric pictures. Nowhere near as good as being there, but in the circumstance not far off. 

I also saw a 'Duke-Dog' I think, was that so? It looked entirely at home on MM and set me thinking as to whether I could justify one for Hintock. Maybe I could.

John

Thank you and yes you did see a Dukedog, a recent addition to the roster. It's main duties are hauling outgoing ciders and perrys from Rancoutt's to the marshalling yards at Worcester ready for onward distribution to discerning customers around the West Midlands and beyond.

It is a lovely loco and the control is probably the best I have experienced in DC. Annoyingly though, Bachmann in their wisdom have chosen to only make the GWR version DCC fitted which means those of us who run on DC have to purchase a chip which is of no use to us. The BR version is available with or without.

• RMweb Premium

It is a lovely loco and the control is probably the best I have experienced in DC. Annoyingly though, Bachmann in their wisdom have chosen to only make the GWR version DCC fitted which means those of us who run on DC have to purchase a chip which is of no use to us.

Nick,

Are you running this with the chip fitted (ie it has set itself automatically to DC mode) , or did you remove it?

Elsewere on RM Web I was advised to just run it on DC and it will be fne as the chip has an inbuilt DC mode.

I look forward to running mine when i finally get home.

Many thank for an inspiring post, and to Andy for the photos from the weekend.

• RMweb Gold

Nick,

Are you running this with the chip fitted (ie it has set itself automatically to DC mode) , or did you remove it?

Elsewere on RM Web I was advised to just run it on DC and it will be fne as the chip has an inbuilt DC mode.

I look forward to running mine when i finally get home.

Many thank for an inspiring post, and to Andy for the photos from the weekend.

Hi MIB

I did remove the chip and fitted the blanking plate. Like you I had been told it should run ok with the chip in but I have to say that I didn't try it on DC at all so I can't confirm this.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for letting me know.

I have far too many locos to go DCC now, so I have never bothered learning about what does and doesn't work DCC/DC.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nice work!

The inevitable question: who makes the platform barrow and sack trucks? And the lamp, while I think of it!

David C

Thanks, All those you have mentioned are from Dart Castings.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Those new bits and bobs are superb Nick and bring a scene to life.I'm looking forward to seeing this again at the Ricoh.

Nice to see Mrs Honeyman from my thread has made it to your platform as well.Complete with her trug. ;) 

Nice pics Nick, just had a look back at the pics I took at Sutton Coldfield and realised I called Robin grwrob in post #215 instead of gwrrob, whoops hope he wont mind.

Have a good show at Andover,

Bodge.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to you all for the comments and 'likes'

Rob, It's actually Marjorie Edwards the local doctor's wife on the platform. I won't mention to her that she's got a doppleganger :no: