Much Murkle - back on the road

nickwood

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, nickwood said:

As far as I know it will be sometime in April. You’ll need to keep an eye on their website or watch out for the modelling press reviewing it.

I ordered some from the rep today. He advised that delivery was two to three weeks. If I remember correctly, RRP was £7.50 but as for the quantity, I have no idea........

Rob

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, jazzer said:

That’s quite remarkable. I have two panniers and although they are not bad as slow runners once they start they always need a bit of power to  get moving and start with a bit of a jerk. Same with stopping . I can’t get a smooth stop. I have two Bachman small prairies which seem to have the same or similar motor/gear set up but are both far, far superior to the panniers. I feel that I’ve tried everything with the panniers but the oil you mention is definitely worth a try.

I would add that the video was taken at the end of a days exhibiting when perhaps the track and wheels were not at their cleanest. 
I have 3 Bachmann 57xx panniers all of which are good runners. I also have a 64xx which runs well but is a little noisy. All are well run in and their wheels are cleaned before each exhibition. Track is cleaned at the beginning of each day of an exhibition. 
There should be no reason that your panniers shouldn’t run as well as mine providing all is clean, pickups are functioning correctly, back to backs are set right and the track is clean. The oil may help but I would also be checking the above.

• Like 1

• nickwood changed the title to Much Murkle - back on the road
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 19/03/2024 at 22:11, NHY 581 said:

I ordered some from the rep today. He advised that delivery was two to three weeks. If I remember correctly, RRP was £7.50 but as for the quantity, I have no idea........

Rob

Rob 

I could post a photo of the bottle but I’ve resisted as Deluxe were not sure if the labelling was their final version nor am I sure if Andy Y would be happy with the free advertising.

Size of bottle is about the same as a bottle of super glue and has a very fine needle applicator.

update: you get 25ml.

Edited by nickwood
  • Like 2