Jump to content

Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pugsley

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Recommended Posts

It's raining and sleeting in Seven Mills this morning.

imageedit_1_9693271894.gif.224b0d5e5b865b2f6b7af177366e3d95.gif

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now the Sun has come out, I do wish this weather would make it's bloomin mind up.

UDSCF4424.JPG.c4b1ac9c4c19235f65422cded4b95f36.JPG

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vitalspark said:

In this case yes it is as the BR  Morris van is parked in the station yard just as the original pic.

We do have a bus on the bridge though at the other end and very nice it is too with slight weathering and a slightly sloping platform!

I hope my humour in my original post was conveyed. Your modelling is excellent and I was laughing because the van is in the original photo - despite the "criticisms" whenever someone models a vehicle on a bridge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And now the Sun has come out, I do wish this weather would make it's bloomin mind up.

UDSCF4424.JPG.c4b1ac9c4c19235f65422cded4b95f36.JPG

 

Hi Andy,

 

Great photos and weathering is superb, loving those wagon to mate, nicely done and hope all is well... 

 

Regards

Jamie

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 7APT7 said:

 

Hi Andy,

 

Great photos and weathering is superb, loving those wagon to mate, nicely done and hope all is well... 

 

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie, Thanks, I'm good now thanks.

I did hope to see you at the Hazel Grove Show, but I'll be at Derby all being well, probably on the Saturday this year.

 

I hope your keeping well, as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually the 08, 08183 went on to move some other Wagons, and the 33 took over moving the Squid and OAA Wagons to the Top Yard.

IMG_0910.JPG.429f610f2ffa85cfe0e58aecfa9e6381.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Jamie, Thanks, I'm good now thanks.

I did hope to see you at the Hazel Grove Show, but I'll be at Derby all being well, probably on the Saturday this year.

 

I hope your keeping well, as well.

 

Hi Andy

 

I was there all day would you believe it, chatting to Paul, had several tea out the front from the van, and did speak to one stand and I said is AndyP here, they said yes he operating round the front which I had already passed the guy so I knew it wasn't you lol that was the only AndyP I found and he was far to younger (oops... my keyboard just slipped haha) and he had dark hair... that was in the Main Large Hall on the far Left as you walked in... I did look, but carried away chatting to Paul to...

 

Maybe be next time hey... no, I'm not going to Derby... sadly

 

Regards

Jamie

  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7APT7 said:

 

Hi Andy

 

I was there all day would you believe it, chatting to Paul, had several tea out the front from the van, and did speak to one stand and I said is AndyP here, they said yes he operating round the front which I had already passed the guy so I knew it wasn't you lol that was the only AndyP I found and he was far to younger (oops... my keyboard just slipped haha) and he had dark hair... that was in the Main Large Hall on the far Left as you walked in... I did look, but carried away chatting to Paul to...

 

Maybe be next time hey... no, I'm not going to Derby... sadly

 

Regards

Jamie

I spent a lot of time with Martin / Gismorail on here from Carrog with his Chester Northgate Layout, plus drinking coffee, haha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vitalspark said:

Thank you for your kind comments Jamie.

The layout is 34ft long and operates on a continuous run with end on fiddles feeding trains to the front on both the mainline and branch.

 

19 hours ago, vitalspark said:

The track is SMP with all pointwork hand built as again it needs to be to accurately follow the actual trackplan.

 

Hi Dave aka vitalspark

 

34 Ft is a great length that would suit me that would, but sadly 14 ft would be in the outside 24/7 and that cant be a good thing as I'm in North Wales and we had a touch of snow this morning for 1 house but with the storms being mainly rain through the night its all gone now.

 

And Yes SMP Track I though it was the second I looked at it, I have a trained eye for that now, but all point-work hand built to, Blimey.... Hats of to you and along with possibly failing eye-site to see what you are doing lol

 

I struggle now and that just writing my name ahah

 

Regards

Jamie

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I spent a lot of time with Martin / Gismorail on here from Carrog with his Chester Northgate Layout, plus drinking coffee, haha.

 

I knew they weren't referring to you the right AndyP as they were questioning his surname as to whether it was P,  I ever said Andy Peters they said we only call him Andy, and when they said he's operating round the front, I was thinking well I'm sure you only control the layout from behind, so I knew straight away... every who knows AndyP if you are questioning the P you obviously don't know AndyP or its not the Andy I'm looking for, as they is only One AndyP... ANDYP hahah

 

Sorry I missed you AndyP.... but we will keep in touch buddy.

 

Regards

Jamie  

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

I hope my humour in my original post was conveyed. Your modelling is excellent and I was laughing because the van is in the original photo - despite the "criticisms" whenever someone models a vehicle on a bridge. 

 

It was indeed NS and appreciated.

Yes the old 'bus on a bridge' thing seems impossible to resist by many although I have to admit if there is a nice bus to be displayed theres only one place for it!

Dave.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tidmarsh Grange at the coaling stage on a thundery afternoon.

sykHCh2l.jpg

 

...and a sultry summer night at the country pub.

q8C0EEJl.jpg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

82044 arrives at Engine Wood with a local stopping service from Bristol TM to Radstock:

82044_02bw.jpg.f8253f29385f0545a4d772312107bf81.jpg

 

  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Waverley West said:

For anyone looking to weather a Class 122, here are some reference photos of the prototype...

 

 

 

The floating leaf springs is the giveaway, but other than that I had to look very carefully

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waverley West said:

For anyone looking to weather a Class 122, here are some reference photos of the prototype...

 

1458394419_1228.jpg.1922f68d57d9c7cad1835fc63741309c.jpg2040936335_1226.jpg.6fd12b207923ab6017bdfa63c662be9f.jpg

 

 

Hi Dave

 

Absolutely superb attention to detail mate, I wouldn't expect anything less from you Dave....

 

Regards

Jamie

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Class 60, No 60062, in Triple Grey Sector Livery leaves Argyle Street Yard early this morning.

UDSCF4409.JPG.08ef157545f4a383f9492dc76360089c.JPG

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37183 collects a Dutch Liveried Squid, a Railfreight OAA and a couple of Brown VAA's from Seven Mills Sidings.

UDSCF4437.JPG.6c60aae77781b75fcffc9a1eea8c78a9.JPG

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.