Southern Leader Class

Blue Max

• RMweb Gold

Noticed a posting on Facebook this morning with a picture of a Leader class loco with a Dapol banner. Is there something we should know about or is it just wishfull thinking on my part ?

Such a possibility did merit discussion on RMweb - about 2008. Since Dapol Dave tends to be upfront about such matters on RMweb when he is able, I suspect this is someone's wishful, not necessarily yours!

Somewhere in RmWeb there is a topic or postings about this. I think it was proposed by a retailer who was down on the south coast - Peacehaven springs to mind - but eventually it  seemed to transpire that after all the pr shouting, Dapol had not received the info for the commission. I believe there is a Dapol chap somewhere here on RMWeb who might be able to confirm their non-involvement. I do hope I've got the info and sequence right!

So if it's a 4mm scale one you want, then there's still the resin one available from Golden Arrow whch makes up into a fair representation with a bit of work, but well within the skills of us 'mere mortals'. And not a stupid price either.

Hope the Dapol chap can update the position from their perspective.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:28

" I've just got out of bed to see what appears to be a large porcine shape cruising past at an estimated altitude of 2000ft..".

I think our own Horsetan's post in 2012 says it all really....................... :hunter:

Well it's 2013, and I'm still the Dapol chap.

I will reiterate that as product development manager for Dapol and have been for 6+ years, I have never entered into a discussion with a third party regarding Dapol manufacturing, quoting and supplying a Bullied Leader locomotive, or had any communication, either telephonically, at shows, by e-mail or by letter on the subject.

And I would think I would know :-)

Hope this clears up this thread nicely

Cheers

Dave

Interesting to note that there's an element of deflection here http://www.loconotion.co.uk/page3.php 

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM TRYING TO CONTACT THE ACTUAL PERSONS WHO WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING ON THIS ON MY BEHALF.  I HAVE NO MORE INFORMATION  AVAILABLE.

and that the business is up for sale. I've left a note of Hoversussex's facebook page but that looks pretty inactive too and their own domain/site appears inactive.

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to echo the comments on the Golden Arrow version - it it's good enough for Graham_Muz then it should be good enough for anyone. Chris at Golden Arrow will build one for you if you really want RTR :)

http://www.goldenarrow.me.uk/products.htm

http://www.semgonline.com/model/gapldr-kit.html

Chris has "lost" enough of his range to the big RTR boys as it is already this year ......

• RMweb Gold

I saw this on Facebook too, but ignored it as I knew Dave would have kept us informed....

Is there anything you could do, Dave about them using your logo and gaining credence from it? False advertising?

Archived