acg5324

• RMweb Premium

A day at the NGS Yorkshire meeting, didn’t get as much done as I wanted as I’d left one important thing behind and brought the wrong sized microstrip with me. Latest little project is to build a couple of Italian ferry vans using the NGS BR ferry van chassis……forgot to bring the chassis so I marked up the sides leaving plenty of trimming room at the ends. Doors and top runner added was all I could do.

The two MCW Metrobuses conversions had some more progress, including front windscreen cut to fit.

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4165.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Bus progress

Some cream cleaner and cotton buds took off the four part doors printed on the glazing.
The first of the Metrobus bodies has now been primered, dry overnight for the red coat tomorrow.

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4167.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

The chassis for the ferry van was detached from its body and I thought, that’s useful…..the roof is screwed on and I can use that for the Italian one. So I undid the screws to find the roof is also glued on. Why both?

I need to get the correct sized microstrip from work, so there won’t be any progress on the these for a few days.

IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

An email tonight from Chris Nevard with some of the photos taken a week ago. For obvious reasons I can’t show any, but they are stunning, especially the B&W ones.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The Metrobus painting is largely done. The grill and destination boards were all masked up and sprayed black. The window frame edges have also been blackened. Adverts, destination blinds and LT symbols to add, prior to a coat of satin varnish Window vents to do in silver before reassembly. Last job will be two part doors.

IMG_4173.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

The poorly class 37 had its chip refitted, which is now a very loose fit in its socket. To get round this I bent the pins a bit which improved things. However after a test run the dreaded clicking appeared. On checking the bogies one of the wheel sets has a split gear.

Farish now have two different sets of geared wheels available for the Tractor,  black or later white. Does anyone know if it’s just a material change and not a change in the number of teeth?

I’ve also posted this on the Farish forum.

Edited by acg5324
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

As I can’t find my pack of LT roundal decals for the bus, I’ve ordered some more, so they’ll turn up when the replacements arrive. Today the windows and doors were masked up and sprayed silver for the vents and undercoat, then yellow and red for the doors.

Side adverts added, I need to paint the seating too.

IMG_4174.jpeg

IMG_4175.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Managed to find a correct wheel set and gear for the class 37 in one of the spares boxes at work. This has been fitted and the loco reassembled. Testing tomorrow.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 3