acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Got the yard lighting tower fitted today. It has a brass rod glued to its base to make it removable……and it’s pretty well vertical too!…shame the ‘Civils’ didn’t tidy up afterwards!

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3995.jpeg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I’m now signed up for two more books with Amberley Publishing. The first one will cover the BR/SR loco classes so 09, 33, 70, 71, 73, 74, again largely 1970/80s. The second one will be a ScR revisit as that has been the most popular by far of the ones I’ve done so far……again 1970/80s.

I've sourced most of the images for the SR one, just trying to find some more c71/74 ones.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

I’m now signed up for two more books with Amberley Publishing. The first one will cover the BR/SR loco classes so 09, 33, 70, 71, 73, 74, again largely 1970/80s. 

Excellent. I'm up for a copy of the first one. Any idea when it will be published and hit the book stands?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, grahame said:

Excellent. I'm up for a copy of the first one. Any idea when it will be published and hit the book stands?

I’ve got to submit it by January 2025……so sometime in the summer I guess Grahame.

• RMweb Premium

Seems like eons ago I made a London Transport RML bus out of two Oxford Diecast RM,s……..so I’ve just started to make a second. As you can see it’s nearly finished and the joint is very well disguised……..not! The interiors have now also been cut to fit. The Diecast quarters are currently in a foil container being basted in paint stripper, then it’s a hour at 180C or Gas Mark 5 before serving. I might have made that last bit up.

IMG_3996.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg

IMG_3998.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

That's a nice little cut and shut project.

Have you considered thinning down the rear platform on the ODC RMs which are about a scale 18 inches thick?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, grahame said:

Have you considered thinning down the rear platform on the ODC RMs which are about a scale 18 inches thick?

I'd be inclined, especially in N gauge, just to paint the bottom part black.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, grahame said:

No, the black paint trick should be fine. I do add glazing to the rear platform window which ODC didn’t fit.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 20/02/2024 at 15:52, acg5324 said:

Got the yard lighting tower fitted today. It has a brass rod glued to its base to make it removable……and it’s pretty well vertical too!…shame the ‘Civils’ didn’t tidy up afterwards!

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3995.jpeg

The “Civils” have revisited and hoovered up the debris!

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

A furry interloper at Olympia last night, one of two sound fitted class 14s being tested for the shop……and successfully so.

IMG_3999.jpeg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Yorkshire area NGS meeting today…it’s 28th birthday…so there was cake!…..no candles.

I took in a selection of locos and wagons to weather. 

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4001.jpeg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

If I’ve time 31 and 37 will gain pipes at one end prior to the York Easter show.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Three of the four bits of the bus are out of their bath in paint stripper……and nicely clean. The fourth bit, the cab etc, the red paint has barely budged, very odd. I’ve refreshed the stripper!  I’m sure there’s a punchline there!

Edited by acg5324
Typo paint for pint!
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Sunday saw us having a good old chuckle at City Screen in York. Wicked Little Letters.

Watching Olivia Coleman, Jessie Buckley and Timothy Spall mouth a tirade of expletives…..very funny. The film is based on a true story from Littlehampton although largely filmed in Arundel and Worthing.

https://fb.watch/qsHdN1E8Il/?

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

Three of the four bits of the bus are out of their bath in pint stripper……and nicely clean. The fourth bit, the cab etc, the red paint has barely budged, very odd. I’ve refreshed the stripper!  I’m sure there’s a punchline there!

If you're stripping them in a pint and it needs refreshing, don't forget that Double Diamond works wonders......

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

The err fresh stripper finally did its job, not without some help. So I now have four bits to glue together in lower and upper pairs.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I had a bit of a play test with a Motorail train, uncoupling and shunting……not a roaring success. The West Hill magnetic couplers on the Carflats keep derailing the wagons so I’ve reverted to Rapidos between wagons. The Dapol easi shunt at the end of the rake kept coming uncoupled, spring missing…and what a PIA they are to replace. I then realised I needed something to shunt the wagons, so the 08 was dug out. This looks like it could do with a wheel clean as it was a bit spluttery but at least I completed the sequence.

Edited by acg5324
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

The West Hill magnetic couplers have also caused another issue, being slightly oversize in the NEM pocket the Rapidos now don’t click back in….so plan B using the Dapol non working buckeyes…which has been successfull…..just need to find some more!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

My Farish class 08 is a great demonstration of how to fit a speaker into a very small body but it's never been a very good runner. Good job I don't do any shunting on my layout.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

My Farish class 08 is a great demonstration of how to fit a speaker into a very small body but it's never been a very good runner. Good job I don't do any shunting on my layout.

I’ve run mine quite a bit but no shunting, I think it needs more weight as it does cut out occasionally but a finger pressed from above seems to restart it. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Extra non working buckeyes ordered. The working buckeyes don’t like trying to uncouple on a curve….a work in progress. If all else fails I’ve the Rix uncoupling tool.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

I’ve run mine quite a bit but no shunting, I think it needs more weight as it does cut out occasionally but a finger pressed from above seems to restart it. 

Yes, it's odd. I have a Gaugemaster wheel cleaner and if I put the 08 onto it the wheels will turn immediately and reliably. But put it on the track and it's hit and miss until it gets up to speed.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The RML has now had a squirt of primer.  Joint wants a bit more sanding but otherwise looking good. I have some suitable adverts and decals for the destination blinds and LT symbols.

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Only a month to Olympias next outing, so I’ve started removing buildings that aren’t stuck down, plus the road vehicles and signal gantries.

Starting to look a bit bare now.

IMG_4006.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1