acg5324

• RMweb Premium
On 09/12/2023 at 21:41, Chris M said:

I had a Regal 3/25 in blue too. I passed my test in it when I was 16 which was legal because it was technically a motor tricycle. Cost me £50. I survived it and learned a lot about how to drive safely. Rule 1 - never brake and turn the steering wheel at the same time. Rule 2 - watch out when an artic overtakes you on the motorway.

Back to the plot I used that Deluxe Materials Glue n glaze on the 3D printed cars I have.

I had one driving lesson in the Reliant Supervan with my mum. First and last time I ever swore at her it so frustrating to drive. kangerooing around Bevendean Industrial estate one Sunday morning.

I use Krystal Klear for windows, front screen will probably be clear Plasticard.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve made a start on the last bits of backscene to do…..next to M and S. Main colour blocks, details to add after it dries.

IMG_3896.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

A busy week this week. Our team won the Christmas quiz at our local Indian restaurant, The Parvin, last night. This was out of about 25 teams.

I’m at work Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with a trip to Redhill for the Southern controllers Christmas reunion dinner…..there maybe  will be beer…and Harvey’s too.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The latest addition to the West London Three Wheeler Gang, Sister Tamworth has taken delivery of her 1965 Reliant 3/25. The stolen windows have now been returned. The Bond Bug now belongs to novice Nun Mary Whimple. Now then……can we burn off the Mets Rover 3500! 

IMG_3898.jpeg

• Like 12

6 hours ago, acg5324 said:

The latest addition to the West London Three Wheeler Gang, Sister Tamworth has taken delivery of her 1965 Reliant 3/25. The stolen windows have now been returned. The Bond Bug now belongs to novice Nun Mary Whimple. Now then……can we burn off the Mets Rover 3500! 

IMG_3898.jpeg

I always thought my 3/25 was pretty fast - well 0-20, it ran out of steam after that.

The great thing about a Regal is that if you hit anything gently the body would simply bend a bit and then go back into shape. Useful when you are 16 and just passed your test.

• Funny 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I hope everyone has survived the Christmas and New Year Hols……..not much done on Olympia over the holidays but I did a couple of jobs today. The Train Tech city soundscape module is good but very annoying in a quiet layout room so I’ve installed an on/off switch from the DCC bus for it! I do need to cut a larger hole in the backscene board so that I can fix the switch in place.

I also took advantage of an offer at another Yorkshire Modelshop and acquired a Digitrax DT602 wireless throttle. So I could operate this from the outside of the layout I swopped the Loconet ports so that the Wireless one was on the outside……..

……and yes there is a 6B motorcoach body parked on the platform in the background.

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

I hope everyone has survived the Christmas and New Year Hols……..not much done on Olympia over the holidays but I did a couple of jobs today. The Train Tech city soundscape module is good but very annoying in a quiet layout room so I’ve installed an on/off switch from the DCC bus for it! I do need to cut a larger hole in the backscene board so that I can fix the switch in place.

I also took advantage of an offer at another Yorkshire Modelshop and acquired a Digitrax DT602 wireless throttle. So I could operate this from the outside of the layout I swopped the Loconet ports so that the Wireless one was on the outside……..

……and yes there is a 6B motorcoach body parked on the platform in the background.

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

Paint that throttle yellow and blue and it'll look like another of your Minions!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 05/01/2024 at 12:48, Steven B said:

Whenever I see a Digitrax DT602 I'm reminded of Liz Hurley and a collection of safety pins...

Steven B.

I don’t remember looking at the safety pins…..

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Today we had a trip into York to see the film One Life. It’s about Nicholas Winton and the Kinder transport from Prague which bought 669 mainly Jewish children to safety before WW2 officially started. Great film, very moving…….with Prague station covering for itself and Liverpool Street! The very definitely European loco also arrived at Liverpool Street with the smoke box number 60163……..😂

We went to Prague back in 2018 and saw Nicholas Wintons statue on Prague station.

Prague is also home to the Pizza restaurant with an LGB railway serving every table with drinks from the bar.

LRG_DSC03860.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Prague is also home to the Pizza restaurant with an LGB railway serving every table with drinks from the bar.

IMG_3335.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

Oi! You derailed my pint!

And that, m'lud, is how the fight started.

Edited by ian
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Charles House needed some TLC today as I managed to push in a couple of windows. Whilst I was at it I added a set of doors that were missed off during construction. I’d cut the opening but not fitted the doors. I had to remove a wall to get the windows out and pushed in another set in the process! 

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

The tiny magnets I’d ordered to experiment with remote uncoupling have turned out to be far to small….so I’m going to order some a bit bigger.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Final job today was to make a start on a yard light tower for the Motorail terminal. It’s very fiddly, but I’ve not broken anything yet!

IMG_3911.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, grahame said:

Interesting. What are they made from?

I’m not sure to be honest. I don’t think it’s card, might be very thin timber.

The SMS website seems to suggest its card.

Edited by acg5324
Updated

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

The tiny magnets I’d ordered to experiment with remote uncoupling have turned out to be far to small….so I’m going to order some a bit bigger.

How tiny are they?

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

1mm x 2mm round.

Too big for me! I use 1.5mm diameter x 1.0mm depth for magnetic head and tail lamps. 2mm diameter would be too wide for Springside lamps unfortunately.

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, acg5324 said:

I’m not sure to be honest. I don’t think it’s card, might be very thin timber.

The SMS website seems to suggest its card.

That sounds fragile and fiddly - good luck.

TPM used to do etched metal ones that were fine and presumably would have been relatively stronger, and which, IIRC, simply folded up.

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, grahame said:

That sounds fragile and fiddly - good luck.

TPM used to do etched metal ones that were fine and presumably would have been relatively stronger, and which, IIRC, simply folded up.

Very fiddly…..and they maybe quite fragile too…... I’m going to fit a brass rod pin to the bass so that it can be removed for track cleaning etc….otherwise I can see it getting broken quickly. 
Shame so much of the TPM range is no longer available.

Edited by acg5324
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1