Hornby GWR Hall

Bulwell Hall

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After seeing lots of picture popping up today of the latest Hornby models at Warley on the Hornby stand (700, K1, J15, Crosti, and some of the 2015 range), BUT no Halls! This seems a bit odd to me... :scratchhead:

But the 'Halls' are 'so last year' as EPs/pre-prods - now they're on this year's pre-prods and some of next year's as 3-D prints.

The problem appears to be in going forward from those stages to actually shipping production versions out of China, but take heart as their interim report does say that they're now (overall) up to actually getting 65% of what they budgetted to get.

• RMweb Premium

In a recent conversation with a Hornby rep I was told that an announcement regarding the GWR Hall will be made very shortly. So I guess you'll have to look out on the Hornby News section, Hornby's Facebook page or Hornby's Twitter feed.

It would be better to engage a so-called physic - they might have a better chance of predicting when Hornby products might appear.... Oh hang on - Derek O'Cora is on the 'phone :-)

To be honest, I've given up with the Hall from Hornby... it's always been a particular favourite, let's hope Bachmann do it again soon....

It would be better to engage a so-called physic - they might have a better chance of predicting when Hornby products might appear.... Oh hang on - Derek O'Cora is on the 'phone :-)

To be honest, I've given up with the Hall from Hornby... it's always been a particular favourite, let's hope Bachmann do it again soon....

Must admit I'm looking at a Bachmann alternative to my order too...  :scratchhead:

It all well and good saying news is on the way, but I would rather the Halls themselves where on the way!  :jester: 

I was looking forward to a Hornby Hall for Christmas.  I thought the Railroad GWR 4901 Adderley Hall was a bit of a bargain for £67 from Rails.

With all the delays, I opted for a Limited Edition Bachmann model of GWR 5900 Hinderton Hall instead from Buffers Model Railways.

It cost £20 more but at least I'll have a present this Christmas and I am really chuffed with it --- possibly a better model than the Hornby Railroad effort, but we'll have to wait a few months (or more?) to decide if I made a good choice.

• RMweb Premium

In a recent conversation with a Hornby rep I was told that an announcement regarding the GWR Hall will be made very shortly. So I guess you'll have to look out on the Hornby News section, Hornby's Facebook page or Hornby's Twitter feed.

An announcement of an announcement?

You know how I feel about those...

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Are you able to provide any more details about when the announcement will be made? Or is that all he would say?

Are you able to provide any more details about when the announcement will be made? Or is that all he would say?

I'm afraid not. Just posted what I was told. Since my conversation was regarding future liveries I didn't go into details about this. AFAIK the GWR Hall's are due into stock in mid-February.

Cheers!

Jeff.

PS: Sorry for the late reply.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Is there a definitive list of what Halls will be available yet and whether Railroad or main range? I looked at eHattons and finally found Halls but in some cases it says livery tbc. I'm looking for a BR late crest one with Collet tender. Did all un-modified halls have Collet tenders or did some pick up Hawksworth ones?

• RMweb Premium

R 3169 Olton Hall in Hogwarts livery and R3170 Adderley Hall in GWR livery are both in Railroad. R3205 Rood Ashton Hall is main range decoration and R3220 is the Tyseley Connection Train Pack that has Pitchford hall in GWR livery with 3 railroad mk1 coaches. No new ones announced for this year

The r3205 is Collett tender with late crest

Latest issue of BRM suggests that the halls will be on their way mid jan. Here are some further pics of Olton Hall

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94463-february-15-issue/&do=findComment&comment=1730684

All are listed on the Hornby website as due in Q1. (Which is a departure for the website and I think a very sensible one. Previously the website used a specific date, which implied a level of certainty that was unwarranted.)

Mid-January is next week. I won't be holding my breath. If they arrive that soon it will be a pleasant surprise.

Archived