It's not even out yet, but what else could we do with Hornby's P2?

Like many of you I've waited with baited breath for Hornby's P2, but have also been wholly sidetracked by Norman Cousins' incredible Photoshoppery about a couple of 'what ifs' positing the question what would have happened to these wonderful machines if Peppercorn had decided to change them rather than Thompson.

I really fancy having a go at making one of these - I suspect the key shot is the 'Green Giant' one with optional A2 style smoke deflectors.

So the question to the group is "What's going to be the simplest way to do this, for someone with fairly basic cutting and shutting skills, but reasonably good airbrush and lining out skills?

Over to you folks!

post-10395-0-16023500-1387218540_thumb.jpg

post-10395-0-29830700-1387218536_thumb.png

Hi Peter

A good start would be to look at Graeme King's resin parts available to convert a Bachmann A2 into Thompson A2/3.

He has a thread about 200 plus pages on the Model Rail section on the LNER Encyclopedia.

You can alway PM Graeme direct he is not only very knowledgeable but very helpful as well.

Good luck and have a great Christmas.

Regards

David

David - I found him and we've been in touch - we're both thinking about possibilities already, so I suspect something will emerge mid 2014!

Can I wish you also a very Happy Christmas, good lick with Haymarket in 2014 and looking forward to catching up in the New Year

Peter

David - I found him and we've been in touch - we're both thinking about possibilities already, so I suspect something will emerge mid 2014!

Can I wish you also a very Happy Christmas, good lick with Haymarket in 2014 and looking forward to catching up in the New Year

Peter

Hi Peter

Many thanks, let me know how you get in with your project in the new year.

Regards

David

• 4 weeks later...

LNER locos aside, the eight coupled chassis is a decent starting point for the GWR Cathedral 4-8-0. I think the railroad version is the way to go here.

I am going to paint mine Brunswick Green and forget that they all got the Bugatti front end.

Archived