Perth Model Railway Show 28 and 29 June 2014

Waverley47708

Just over 9 weeks to go, I hope those coming by train from far away have got your advanced train tickets booked! If you are coming by train remember the station is very close to the Dewars Centre.

I must check with Stan to see how he is getting on putting the giant jigsaw puzzle together of fitting all the exhibitors into the halls. Rather him than me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are into May! Perth show is next month. Still loads to do!  The floor plan is done - a total of 102 stands as things are just now, 47 of which are layouts. Hopefully our visitors and guest exhibitors will enjoy our show as much as in previous years.

We are again going to hold some DCC seminars (information sessions) with Andy from DCC Supplies, one morning and afternoon session both days. If you would like to book a session, please email Stan at the address  exhibitionmanager@perthmrc.com to register. They are worth attending to further your existing knowledge or to make a start in this aspect of our fascinating hobby.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let the countdown continue! A month to go to our show.

Stan has somehow managed to fit 100 plus stands into the two halls, look forward to seeing everyone over the weekend including on the set up day on Friday.

There are still some places available on the free DCC seminars please email Stan at the address  exhibitionmanager@perthmrc.com to register. 

28 sleeps to go...................

Waverley47708

Very much looking forward to Perth show at the end if the month. Great line up of layouts and trade support. The DEMU/ Scottish Modellers group will be there en masse so should have a wide and diverse range of modelling demos on throughout the weekend so do stop by and say hello if you are coming.

All the beset

Mark

That's what I call commitment!

The final stand count is 103 and everything is coming together nicely. Saw our Show Guide last night on the computer. Looks good and it feels now that the final count down has started.

Don't forget our DCC seminars and a possibility that Legomanbiffo might be able to do an additional talk on recording diesel sounds. Any interest out there from RM Webbers?

Stan

Legomanbiffo (Ian) will be there, so make him welcome!     Charlie

PPS With our new mascot?????

New mascot????   What's this reckless spending of money? Charlie, please, your generosity will be your undoing! 

Looking forward to seeing you and your team, as always, at Perth.

2 weeks to go.

With all the rain we have had here the last few weeks I am hoping there will be none left for the weekend of the show.  Mind you most exhibitors load under cover inside the building on the Friday, although the que on the Saturday morning can snake across the car park.

Waverley 47708

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Scottish Modellers/DEMU - What's happening at Perth!

So far we have a wide variety of demonstration topics happening on the stand over the weekend.

At present this looks like all scales/gauges between 2mm Fs and Gn15!

DCC is already well provided for at the show but we will be demonstrating fitting of sound in 2mm/N Gauge locos, the Hornby Sentinel and Heljan CL26/27 at the show.

Add to this the Tankery habits of Rodders in EM, weathering and buildings from Mike, Pepsi with his 2mm workshop, plus whatever the other guys bring as their 'Perth Workbench' projects...

Lots of variety to entertain the visiting public and enthusiast as well!

See you at the show - RMWebbers - say Hello!

Thanks

Thanks Scottish Modeller - all that happening on one stand! There are loads more stands so much more to see!

Our DCC seminars are taking place on both days.

Andy Forty from DCC Supplies will present some Introduction to DCC seminars with question and answer sessions for more advanced modellers.

Legomanbiffo will present on the various steps involved in producing sound decoders, namely:

Making the recordings of the real thing (where, how, how much, etc etc)

Editing the sounds (how and why they are chopped up to be suitable for the models)

A demo of the capabilities of the Loksound v4 chip using his own diesel & electric locos

The importance of the loudspeaker fit (which includes a demo of a range of different speakers and the importance of making the speakers airtight)

Please let me know if you require advance booking for either of these seminars.  exhibitionmanager@perthmrc.com

Hi all,

Scottish Modellers/DEMU - What's happening at Perth!

So far we have a wide variety of demonstration topics happening on the stand over the weekend.

At present this looks like all scales/gauges between 2mm Fs and Gn15!

DCC is already well provided for at the show but we will be demonstrating fitting of sound in 2mm/N Gauge locos, the Hornby Sentinel and Heljan CL26/27 at the show.

Add to this the Tankery habits of Rodders in EM, weathering and buildings from Mike, Pepsi with his 2mm workshop, plus whatever the other guys bring as their 'Perth Workbench' projects...

Lots of variety to entertain the visiting public and enthusiast as well!

See you at the show - RMWebbers - say Hello!

Thanks

Hi Phil ,

I didn't realise I was doing buildings and weathering ! At least that sorts me out to do something without having to think something up .

Looking forward to my weekend away with the lads .

Mike b

• RMweb Gold

Hi Phil ,

I didn't realise I was doing buildings and weathering ! At least that sorts me out to do something without having to think something up .

Looking forward to my weekend away with the lads .

Mike b

Hi Mike,

I was thinking of your recent Walthers purchases......

Does the 'Dark Side' tempt you for your next layout?

Maybe the building will influence the decision!

Thanks

Hi Mike,

I was thinking of your recent Walthers purchases......

Does the 'Dark Side' tempt you for your next layout?

Maybe the building will influence the decision!

Thanks

Mmmmm ! Forgot about them .

By the dark side I assume you mean - am ammmm ammmer - No I can't say it !

I have no stock to suit except two 66s and a 67 ( oops that's Spanish )

I have the building I was plittering about with at Stevenson to finish first .

Mike b

Ps I hope you didn't mean P4 !!!!!!!!

Archived