Perth Model Railway Show 28 and 29 June 2014

Waverley47708

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely , if the last few years are anything to go by , then this will be a great show! Really looking forward to it. For those who aren't sure this is the best and largest show in Scotland after Model Rail Scotland in the SECC, and I know there are some that would say it's the best. Two good sized halls, lots of layouts and good second hand stalls as well. For me it has something of the atmosphere of the old Model Rail Scotland. Definitely recommended, speaking as a visitor to most Scottish shows , with no connection to Perth!

Looking forward to visiting this show for the first time.

Travelling up from Preston by car - is car parking difficult at the Dewars Centre on Saturday?

There is free parking at the venue or in the council roads dept across the road. Aldi and Lidl is for customers only and limited to an hour or so.  The station is about £3 for the day.

There is free parking at the venue or in the council roads dept across the road. Aldi and Lidl is for customers only and limited to an hour or so.  The station is about £3 for the day.

Also Park & Ride at Broxden (Junction A9/M90) just outside Perth - leave the car there for free and get the bus in. It stops outside the venue on the main road into the city.

This runs on Saturday only.

Well, that's us all set up except for one or two exhibits arriving tomorrow morning.  The halls are full of interesting and brilliant layouts and a varied quality trade and societiy support.

Well done to all the PMRC team for doing so many jobs today and to the exhibitors who got the show to the starting blocks.

See you tomorrow or Sunday!

Stan (non-stressed Exh manager!)

• RMweb Premium

Glad to hear there will be two ticket desks, as there was a lengthy queue last year at 10am. Full marks if that is avoided this year. But can you remind us of the price of entrance tickets, please? (I don't see any mention anywhere on this thread.)

If we know in advance, more of us can arrive at the ticket desk with the right amount, thus helping to speed things up.

John

Glad to hear there will be two ticket desks, as there was a lengthy queue last year at 10am. Full marks if that is avoided this year. But can you remind us of the price of entrance tickets, please? (I don't see any mention anywhere on this thread.)

If we know in advance, more of us can arrive at the ticket desk with the right amount, thus helping to speed things up.

John

Hi there!

Admission: Adult £6.00, Concession £5.00, Child £3.00, Family (2 + 2) £15.00

Also, programmes are 50p and strongly recommended this year as we have produced a great guide!

• RMweb Premium

Went today, and the show was very good indeed - as it has been in years past. It is great value, with lots of layouts covering a wide range of interests, and there was no queue this morning. There was also a good range of traders. Fantastic! For anyone thinking of going, I would recommend it highly.

John

Just got home from my second visit to this show' which was excellent and even better than last year. Great mix of layouts and dealers and plenty of room to see everything despite it being busy. Looking forward to next year and congrats to all involved!

• RMweb Premium

Great exhibition. As expected , thoroughly enjoyed it. Some well known layouts there, but I never tire of Glen Devon. Loved the gravity shunting on Inverboyndie from Greenock and the prototype HST on Hazelbank. Might need to rethink my stance on APT-E now!!!!!

I can only congratulate Stan and his team for another stunning exhibition was there today and can only say wow what a great selection of layouts and traders. my favourites were Warren Lane and Aberdeen Kirkhill although there was others these were the two i came to see.. 

Bruce

On the train again this time back to Sunny Newcastle after an enjoyable afternoon. Some of our club members had been raving about how superb 'Warren Lane' is. Have to agree with them and might even change my stance on modern image in the 21st Century, though it will never beat a good J27 on a mixed rake of 21t hoppers & NER 20t wooden hoopers clanking by.

Congratulations to Stan and the team on another excellent show, and I'll see you in August when you head down to the North East with Fastleigh.

Regards

Chris

Inverboyndie's operating crew would like to thank Stan and his team for a brilliant show. The warm welcome and great atmosphere are a given, but the hard work of the Perth show create a better and better show every year. Thank you for allowing us to debut Inverboyndie to the public, it has returned home with some possible media coverage and 2 more possible show bookings.

I look forward to hosting the Perth group with Aldbury at our Greenock show on the 18th and 19th of October 2014.

Apple pie has already been ordered!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Good weather, good show, good time.....

Plenty of layouts to look at, plenty of trade to browse through and find some bargains!

Big thumbs up to Stan and the gang.

Personally didn't get a lot of work done at the show as there were no spare seats on the Scottish Modellers/DEMU demonstrations tables.

Never mind - left plenty of time to go round the trade and layouts, speak to people etc....

Provisionally agreed with Stan to come back and do it all again next year.

Bought lots of stuff - several items I'd been looking for and held back from buying in the past found the right route into my bag!

Thanks

Archived