Perth Model Railway Show 28 and 29 June 2014

Waverley47708

Well, only 8 days until set-up!

We actually start "setting up" tomorrow - one of the display cases in the foyer is being prepared with a display of Aldbury stock after the layout's appearance as Layout of the Month in this month's British Railway Modelling magazine.

I also see Calum, has been organising the club fish and chips run for the Friday night!

A Kilt Charlie !!!  come on theres no Sporran big enough for his cash to fit in

Arran

Charlie hasn't got the knees to wear a kilt says I. Let's see him prove he has! :no:

post-276-0-08210000-1403187872.jpg

This would be yours truly in 1999 Bandon, County Cork. Fancy dress to raise cash for charity at a Morris Minor Owners club rally.

You don't want to know what her ladyship was wearing!

Just a reminder for anyone driving to Perth on the Saturday that there is an option to use the Park & Ride at Broxden (A9/M90) or at Scone (A93/A94) which offers another parking option - around the Dewars Centre can be very busy at peak times due to the number of visitors at the show.

I think we are ready to roll!

McLegoman has got his kilt and sporran and my daughter is just finishing off his Glengarry hat!

Looking forward to the show.

Bif

What does a Lego Man ware under his kilt.!!!!

Regards Arran

What ever items of dress other people may (or may not) be wearing I can confirm that the crew for Aberdeen Kirkhill will be in their normal attire of jeans and t-shirts. The sheer fact that we have been invited to an exhibition so close to where we have modelled is cause of celebration enough - we are not going to ruin it for everyone else by showing our legs!!

The exhibition manager might be in shorts too!

Just getting final arrangements finished. Apparently the first trader is heading north tomorrow!  A couple of days holiday first before being busy!

Now to get some stock ready for Laurencekirk...

Good news for you early birds on Saturday morning, we are hoping to have two pay in desks for the first hour or so to speed up entry.

Only 4 sleeps to the show!

See you there.

Waverley47708

Just to confirm there will be two ticket desks - we will get everyone in faster this year and will open a bit earlier than 10.00 if the queue gets too long or the weather is bad.

Despite my maternal Grandfather being of Scottish descent, there will be no kilts worn behind New Hey. Shorts of course, especially in this weather, is an entirely different matter.

the forecast is for fair weather, which, knowing my luck it'll rain.

Well that's Glendevon all boxed up and ready to go, getting loaded into the trailer tonight. we are taking a good selection of mainly ex north british and lner loco's to the show, although i am taking a couple of 63A allocated locos with me as are some other members of the elmrc.

post-10572-0-03438100-1403793496_thumb.jpgpost-10572-0-34208800-1403793679_thumb.jpgpost-10572-0-19273800-1403794545_thumb.jpg

Our van is loaded with Laurencekirk. We are ready to go. I will be in the Dewars Centre tomorrow early to mark out the floor. Hopefully everything will fit as per the plan!

The show guide looks great!

Hope everyone travelling to set up tomorrow has a safe journey.

Stan

• RMweb Premium

Hi Stan,

I hope the show goes well and the Jimmy Robertson trophy finds it's safely way back to you.

For the visiting exhibitors - Perth MRS are excellent hosts and be ready for the Chairman visiting your layout on Saturday afternoon...............

As for visitors - the Perth show is definitely worth a visit - if I wasn't so busy with work/family, I'd be making the 280 mile journey north, but maybe next year............ ;)

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Stan,

I hope the show goes well and the Jimmy Robertson trophy finds it's safely way back to you.

For the visiting exhibitors - Perth MRS are excellent hosts and be ready for the Chairman visiting your layout on Saturday afternoon...............

As for visitors - the Perth show is definitely worth a visit - if I wasn't so busy with work/family, I'd be making the 280 mile journey north, but maybe next year............ ;)

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick,

Yes, our Chairman is doing his rounds again this year!

Will definitely be having you back to Perth at some stage.

All the best,

Stan

Archived