Worseter - update

Killybegs

I am following this thread with interest.  I recollect that you mentioned turning RTR wheels to P4 standards.  Can you give a description of this please, especially considering plastic spokes and rims?

Morgan's account of the work he did on the wheels for the 9F starts on page 23 of this thread. However the wheels in question were not plastic!

Oh yee of little faith, see posting 558 on Page 23. Maybe you have shorter pages on the other side of the Severn Bridge !?!?!

Hope you are all well down there.

You over for Scale4?

No, normal size pages, just a lack of patience to see where Morgans' work began. And having re-read those pages it still strikes me as one of the classiest acts I have ever seen or read about. Hate people with talent!

Mike

You over for Scale4?

No, normal size pages, just a lack of patience to see where Morgans' work began. And having re-read those pages it still strikes me as one of the classiest acts I have ever seen or read about. Hate people with talent!

Mike

No, but I will be over for Glevum Group's October meeting. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Time for another update. Walls to the ancillary accommodation done at rear doors fitted. I wonder why the GWR fitted rear doors to their sheds with no track outside. Maybe because it's cheaper to replace a set of doors than rebuild the end of the shed if a loco overshoots.

attachicon.gifProgress 05s.jpg

Or future expansion?

I always thought it evidence of GWR standardisation. Essentially the standard design got built.

At some sheds there were roads out the back, even though they weren't normally used. I still

remember the tracks behind Long Rock (Penzance) being crammed with 45xx tanks plus

others one Summer following dieselisation of Cornwall.

Fantastic progress John as always!

Just one little observation (and definitely not meant as a criticism), would the internal walls of the shed not be white washed? Just a thought

Look forward to catching up in October!

Cheers

Paul 

Photographs of the inside of Stratford on Avon shed, on which Worseter is based, show walls so dirty that you can barely see where the lower section is painted black. All the paintwork is similarly filthy. With the exception of the window frames, the paintwork has yet to be 'weathered'.

Been doing some work on rainwater goods, much easier when the walls are still separated and only held together with blue tack for the photographs. Paintwork to be weathered in due course. No more work on Worseter for the next ten days!

post-7952-0-17466000-1538311597_thumb.jpg

post-7952-0-74055600-1538311610_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...