Bakewell Street and other 7mm projects...

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold
[saw this for the first time at Thornbury today, lovely layout and my best in show. Loved the man repairing the minor van..

This one?

post-1107-0-75924900-1479719511.jpg

Be careful - this van went on it's travels late on Sunday....and it gets worse...

post-1107-0-70358400-1479719732.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifvan 3.png

"Let's off road" as one of the team said....

This is what happens when you leave the operating team to their own devices.....

Would love to see what the insurance claim form read for the 'Bakewell Street' shunting accident!

Well done on the 25 - looks superb.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words Kenton

I don't have too many photos of construction but these should give you a flavour.

attachicon.gifBS2comp.JPGattachicon.gifBS1comp.JPGattachicon.gifBS3comp.JPGattachicon.gifBS4comp.JPGattachicon.gifBS5comp.JPGattachicon.gifBS6comp.JPG

This layout looks superb with loads of operational potential. What dimensions is the layout? 12ft x 2ft, longer, wider? Do you have a track plan you can share showing the sector plates too? :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This layout looks superb with loads of operational potential. What dimensions is the layout? 12ft x 2ft, longer, wider? Do you have a track plan you can share showing the sector plates too? :)

Hi - just seen your post - I think I've posted a track plan on the thread - if not I'll PM you. Scenic section is 8' long and under 2' wide - sector plate and fiddle yard (cassettes) are about 2' 6"  long

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Hi - just seen your post - I think I've posted a track plan on the thread - if not I'll PM you. Scenic section is 8' long and under 2' wide - sector plate and fiddle yard (cassettes) are about 2' 6"  long

Chris

Track plan at Post 70

• RMweb Gold

We had a great day at Bristol - layout worked well and  we  were busy all day - I've moved a troublesome uncoupling magnet since Thornbury in November and it's made a big difference to the reliability of the S&W couplings. I had one new (very clean) arrival that had a swift outing at the beginning of the day but we mainly ran LMR stock today.

post-1107-0-41889300-1485108066_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

We had a great day at Bristol - layout worked well and  we  were busy all day - I've moved a troublesome uncoupling magnet since Thornbury in November and it's made a big difference to the reliability of the S&W couplings. I had one new (very clean) arrival that had a swift outing at the beginning of the day but we mainly ran LMR stock today.

attachicon.gifD6329 comp P1240985.JPG

Very nice, what make is the 22 if you don't mind me asking please?

Well i`ve finally managed to see Bakewell St. today,and it was better than my expectation`s.It is a really beautifull layout with some nice little scene`s to keep the eye`s wondering around. And it also goes to show what can be done in a small space. :good:

I did`nt quite get a chance to say Hello as you were always busy!,but i did take a few pictures.....

post-19751-0-25369800-1485110059_thumb.jpg

post-19751-0-38789000-1485110055_thumb.jpg

post-19751-0-40435400-1485110057_thumb.jpg

post-19751-0-15258100-1485110061_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Brian.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, what make is the 22 if you don't mind me asking please?

Hi Andy

It's a JLTRT with Digitrains Loksound sound fitted  - it was  recently completed as a Christmas project in case anyone should now do an RTR version.....(as I'd never finish it then...)

Chris

Edited by Gilbert

Had a great day at the Bristol O gauge show on Sunday. I was rather tired, as I'd exhibited in the small Cardiff show the day before, and had a gig to attend on Saturday night! But Bakewell Street made the trip over the Severn more than worth while! I don't know how I managed to miss this superb layout, but glad I've caught up with it now. The layout is even better "in the flesh" and well worth making sure you see.

It's small for a 7mm layout, but it somehow looks spacious. Full of atmosphere and some well observed detail. Great design. I could've stood & watched that 25 shunt all day long. Great job Gilbert, and thanks again for those S&W couplings....

I've been newly inspired by this layout - now..... anyone wanna buy all my OO and EM stuff? ;)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Marc - kind words

We had a good day and the layout worked well - the 25 is quite addictive - which is why the LNWR signal box has appeared on the layout.

We'll run the same period/location at Yate on 4th February - with a 4F and 02 shunter thrown in - and then possibly do a change back to Gloucester area with Hymeks, Panniers and Teddy Bears for at least one day at Cheltenham 1st/2nd April. I do also have a Dapol gronk sitting in it's box as well....

Chris

• Like 2