One week until Rapido Day... and a clue!

rapidotrains

Jason's most favourite train ever (apart from The Canadian) was the Turbo which ran between Montreal and Toronto and also Montreal to Ottawa. He has produced a model of the Turbo. The Turbo is powered by a gas turbine. Jason loves the sound of a gas turbine. But hey, I could be wrong (and probably am). Continue frothing :jester:

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Premium

With all the b*!!*ck$ coming from this supplier, I wonder if they have thought that they might just be putting their potential customers off

I'd say that's somewhat unfair; Jason's kept dangling various red herrings in front of RMweb readers as many have found it an entertaining process and he's generated a lot of airtime for the project which means more people will be keeping an eye open on Tuesday which leads to more people ordering which improves the success of the project. I know of quite a few folk, who if they're proved right on Tuesday, will be placing orders.

I think it's been great that Jason's shared some of the build-up with readers.

I may not have worded it quite the same way as Penrith Beacon but the thought has occurred that it'll have to be a pretty special model to match the hype.

• RMweb Gold

Erm, what about in Germany!?!

So, Jason is treating us to a loco that has NOT been to North America, eh?

Cheers,

John E.

Jason said train not loco, I don't think he would have made such a schoolboy error ......

• RMweb Gold

There's a lot of bellocks on this thread.............  :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

And not enough lamp irons!

Anyway I gave the answer long ago - the numbers 3 and 6 will take anyone straight to it (sorry Jason but some folk need leading by the hand, I didn't really mean to ruin your surprise ;) ).

Anyway I gave the answer long ago - the numbers 3 and 6 will take anyone straight to it (sorry Jason but some folk need leading by the hand, I didn't really mean to ruin your surprise ;) ).

Thanks Mike, so it's a class 36, not what I expected.

Thanks Mike, so it's a class 36, not what I expected.

Leading by the hand, eh?  Numbers 3 and 6 - Bulleid's Leaders were going to be (two were) 360xx.

Loads of rivets? Lots of lamp irons for SR Route indicator disks!

Lifejacket on, ferry casting off imminently!

• RMweb Gold

Leading by the hand, eh?  Numbers 3 and 6 - Bulleid's Leaders were going to be (two were) 360xx.

I think you've missed it (oops, sorry, that was one last Friday)

• RMweb Gold

I think you've missed it (oops, sorry, that was one last Friday)

post-6859-0-17189800-1403178902_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

No, the 306 is at Chappel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_306#Withdrawal_and_preservation

A

With all the b*!!*ck$ coming from this supplier, I wonder if they have thought that they might just be putting their potential customers off

I, personally, have found the froth whipping quite amusing.

Although I've been deep into "I never knew that" territory as part of writing up some content I think I've cracked the subliminal links as to why Jason's chosen this. I'll share the pic next week.

Archived