nice to see this thread finally started! all the best!

Thanks Kevin, I wasn't sure whether to start the topic yet or wait till the shed was up and lined. but at least this way I can include the shed build that might be of interest to some people as well.

Meant to say, nice AXE behind you, I had the Jazz and Pression when I was in a band,

post-9335-0-88420300-1407667199_thumb.jpg

Now I just have a Jasmine Acoustic (by Takamine), and a 335 copy.

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

its an old japanese, but very nice copy from SX, when the japanese used real wood... but its really only decoration, i don`t play any more

by the way, congratulations on the elegant solution to your garage problem... even if you only got pennies for the garage, it must be a good feeling to be paid to have someone else do the hard work! :jester:

edit one may not use the short familiar form of japanese... how silly!

Edited by kevinklein
  • Like 1

its an old japanese, but very nice copy from SX, when the japanese used real wood... but its really only decoration, i don`t play any more

by the way, congratulations on the elegant solution to your garage problem... even if you only got pennies for the garage, it must be a good feeling to be paid to have someone else do the hard work! :jester:

edit one may not use the short familiar form of japanese... how silly!

The Builder wanted £550 to dismantle and remove the garage, I sold it for £100 so I'm effectively £650 better off towards the new shed, LOVE IT, hahahha

Bodge.

• Like 15

Great choice Andy, should allow lots of modellers licence on the stock you run without offending the 'rivet counters' too much! Good to see you've now got planning to keep you busy while your 'bunker' is being sorted.

Look forward to to lots of posts on the planning and baseboard stages so I can crib ideas!!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

Great choice Andy, should allow lots of modellers licence on the stock you run without offending the 'rivet counters' too much! Good to see you've now got planning to keep you busy while your 'bunker' is being sorted.

Look forward to to lots of posts on the planning and baseboard stages so I can crib ideas!!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Crib all you like my friend, I probably cribbed them off someone else anyway, but not our Jeff, (Phyisicsman), I couldn't afford that much timber, ahhahah.

Bodge.

Another thing that I forgot to mention in my intro was that I like to build Layouts with a connection to either myself or my Family, i.e. Deesdale after my Wife, Glen Roy after my late Farther etc.

So Bitton is a change from my normal practice.

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Nice intro, Andy. I think my intro to KL2 will be "Well, you've all been reading KL. So here's KL2...."

You've clearly been using your time to give this project a lot of thought. Just make sure you can comfortably fit the track plan into your new shed. If necessary, spend a bit more for a slightly larger model.

And good look with the fissure in the concrete base!

Jeff

A very interesting prototype to model Andy. In effect you get most of the S&D traffic, plus the variety of locos which worked down from the north. You can easily justify GW, SR , LMS, LNER, BR Standards, diesel-electrics and diesel-hydraulics on it. Examples of each have all passed through Bitton.

My one tip. Now you have a plan, STICK to it.

Best wishes,

Peter

• Like 3

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on starting your new topic and a great prototype!

A few years ago, my beloved bought me a full days railway experience on the Avon valley railway - it was a fantastic day out if a bit of a drive down from Derby, I'd highly recommend it! The staff were very friendly, I even got an invite to become a regular there were it not for the distance, I would have joined up.

All the best,

John.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Must be a good feeling that you are now progressing towards the LGP... Now what is the chance that you will go all retro and choose to have the layout based in the late pre-grouping or early grouping? (thinking blue SDJR  8F's and blue coaches.....)

Andy G

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

It is good you have made a start and I like the plan.  As Peter said you can run almost anything in terms of locos and as you have a wide liking of them that should be good.  Do what you are comfortable with and if in the end it means Peco code 75, resin buildings and weathering RTR stock I am sure that what you produce will look excellent.

NOW, do not forget to take it easy.  The reason the man who took the shed's dad has had three heart attacks is because he has obviously 'listened' to advice and has lost weight and stopped smoking!

Have fun, it is  hobby

Oh, one last thing Andy.

Make sure you have good security on the new garage. I'm sure we've all read about the unfortunate experiences of Jenny Emily on another thread.

Try not to give away your address Andy. By the views you've shown of your old garage and the double-edge sword of "Google Streetview", it wouldn't be too difficult to suss out your particular house.

Edited by Western Sunset

Well cheers all, I normally reply to individual post's as I feel its the right thing to do, but I have had so many hits that I will do JOINT THANK YOU to you all for your well wishes.

I will have enough room for the track to run in an arc along one side of the 16ft shed, I will probably end up with about 15.5 inside after lining and about 8ft across so the width is a little tighter than I would have liked but hey ho I have to live with that.

From the Station Plan in post #1 I will be working from the Goods Yard side so that the arc will run the length of the Shed and I will have the goods Yard right in front of me.

I may yet do a branch off a one end but that's another story for another day.

Bodge.

• Like 5

Oh, one last thing Andy.

Make sure you have good security on the new garage. I'm sure we've all read about the unfortunate experiences of Jenny Emily on another thread.

Try not to give away your address Andy. By the views you've shown of your old garage and the double-edge sword of "Google Streetview", it wouldn't be too difficult to suss out your particular house.

Thanks Peter, that's a very valid point, the Shed is having a Steel double locking door, and the windows will be barred and curtained, plus I have an alarm system and security lighting to sort out.

Bodge

• Like 6

Andy, glad you feel ready to build anew. I look forward to seeing your progress.Nice simple and interesting track plan.

You should get hours of pleasure from this.

Thanks John, the original plan was for a U shaped BLT but as I have so much stock that I couldn't bear to part with, (things like Sound Black5, 8F, 3F, 4F etc) I just wanted an excuse to use them along with my Prairies and Panniers. I also have a love of Bulleids so to be able to run the Pines would be good as well.

The biggest problem is that I'll end up needing a 40 road fiddle yard to accommodate it all.

Thanks for your support.

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Hope your going to build as quick as Coachman. Looking forward to following the proceedings.

Cheers Ernie, I cant even keep up with just reading about his exploits let alone lay, lift, lay, lift and re lay at his rate. The thing is though, he does such a good job of it every time, so neat, I've still a lot to learn.

Bodge.

I've just had a phone call from George T, he's at work, but has said he want's to do some buildings, and although I have have the buildings for Bitton Station and goods yard, I will be having a branch off to a small Terminus so I'm hoping he can do that for me as a joint project like we did with Trebudoc.

Bodge.

• Like 3