YATE MODEL RAILWAY SHOW, S. GLOS, 31 JANUARY 2015

TimC

• RMweb Premium

Sodbury Vale Model Railway Club's Annual Exhibition 31 January 2015 - St Mary's Church and Church Hall, Church Road, YATE, S. Glos, BS37 5BG

Sodbury Vale Model Railway Club's 31st Annual Model Railway Exhibition will again be held in the fantastic setting of St Mary's Church and the Church Hall, right in the centre of Yate. an easy walk from the Yate Shopping Centre Car Park.
Please note that there is only disabled parking adjacent to the Church.

Open: 10.00am to 4.30pm

Admission: Adults £5, Concessions £4 and accompanied children FREE.

Layouts

Aldbourne - OO9 - Adrian Ponting 
Polpendra - N - Simon Addelsee 
Burnham-On-Sea - 2mmfs - John Perrett 
Ashbrook - - TT/3mm - John Thomas 
Padmouth - OO - Doug Richards 
Cloud Street - OO - Mark Harrop 
Watney's End - OO - Sodbury Vale MRC 
Fryupdale Brewery - EM - Nigel Barton Hawkins 
Carsmoores - EM - Marc Smith 
Wheal Elizabeth - P4 - Andrew Ullyott 
Buttermere Mining Co -O-9 - Bill Flude 
Plaxtol Road - O - Tim Tincknell 
Acme Street Refining Establishment - O-S7 - Simon Thompson 
The End of the Line - O/O14 - Tim Crockford

Traders

Amberly Services 
Lord & Bulter 
Keith's Bits and Pieces 
South Glos Model Warehouse 
Titfield Thunderbolt
The Alan Ward Collection

Demonstratiors

Dave Murdoch - 7mm Loco Construction

Jerry Clifford - 2mm Finescale Modelling

Richard Lane & Gordon Ashton - Baseboard and Track Construction

Societies

Weston Clevedon and Portishead Railway Group

Lea Bailey Light Railway Society
3mm Society

Yate Heritage Centre

Refreshments

Full information see http://www.sodburyvalemrc.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

BIG NEWS

For any one intending to come and you aren't quite sure where the church is just Google the following 'st mary's church yate' and the correct location will come up.  I've finally got Google to get the location right.

Also for any one intending to come by bus or train go to this link to download the times and so forth; 

http://www.sodburyva...train_times.jpg

Plus a copy of the programme can also be downloaded at 

http://www.sodburyva...s/2015_Prog.pdf

Colin  aka  webmaster@sodburyvalemrc.co.uk

We were getting a bit worried last weekend when the possibility of snow was being forecast for this coming weekend.  But fortunately that forecast seems to be changing and a check on the forecast this morning shows no likelihood of snow,  but the possibility of sun.   So we might get a repeat of the good weather we have had for the past two years, and we hope to see many of you at the exhibition.

Just a note about car parking if you are not using public transport as Colin suggests above.  There are no car parking spaces for visitors next to the exhibition location.  The few parking spces there are reserved for disabled drivers and for church members working in the church grounds.   There are large, free car parks a few hundred yards away in Yate town centre and we recommend that drivers go there to park.  Please note that there is a four hour maximum stay time in these car parks which they do enforce using number plate recognition cameras.

Jim.

Exhibiton Organiser,

Sodburt Vale MRC.

We were getting a bit worried last weekend when the possibility of snow was being forecast for this coming weekend.  But fortunately that forecast seems to be changing and a check on the forecast this morning shows no likelihood of snow,  but the possibility of sun.   So we might get a repeat of the good weather we have had for the past two years, and we hope to see many of you at the exhibition.

Just a note about car parking if you are not using public transport as Colin suggests above.  There are no car parking spaces for visitors next to the exhibition location.  The few parking spces there are reserved for disabled drivers and for church members working in the church grounds.   There are large, free car parks a few hundred yards away in Yate town centre and we recommend that drivers go there to park.  Please note that there is a four hour maximum stay time in these car parks which they do enforce using number plate recognition cameras.

Jim.

Exhibiton Organiser,

Sodburt Vale MRC.

Jim,

Where do the demonstrators park?

Gordon A

In some ways, a show that is only one day can be restrictive to some people
Personally, as an exhibitor - time is increasingly valuable lately...
So Exhibiting at a 2 day show is far more difficult to balance with work / family / other commitments

.... All meaning I find it much easier to exhibit at a one day show
Swings & roundabouts, I suppose?

Again, I can only say I highly recommend the show
Tim C and Jim / Flubrush and their club always put on a good show
The standard has been consistently high over the past few years, and probably before that

If I wasn't exhibiting - I'd definitely make this a regular show as a punter

If any rmweb members do come along - please come for a chat :)

I'm hoping the weather behaves itself

Jim,

Where do the demonstrators park?

Gordon A

Gordon,

There is reserved parking for all exhibitors, demonstrators and trade stands in the primary school grounds immediately adjacent to the church.  You can offload at the church gate/church hall door then park vehicles a short distance away during the exhibition.

Jim.

I'm planning on coming- I particularly want to see TEOTL (+ Tim's lovely 0 gauge diesels in action), but opportunities to publically heckle Dave Murdoch are also not to be missed.  

I'll try and remember Marc's name to say hello as well, I had a completely memory blank at Bristol!

Gordon,

There is reserved parking for all exhibitors, demonstrators and trade stands in the primary school grounds immediately adjacent to the church.  You can offload at the church gate/church hall door then park vehicles a short distance away during the exhibition.

Jim.

Thanks Jim.

Gordon A

I'm planning on coming- I particularly want to see TEOTL (+ Tim's lovely 0 gauge diesels in action), but opportunities to publically heckle Dave Murdoch are also not to be missed!

I particularly agree about heckling Dave Murdoch.... Ironically in the '80's I was a lodger in his house for a few years (at least my 'Landlord' had no objection to soldering irons etc. in my room..) - so I too claim heckling rights....!

I particularly agree about heckling Dave Murdoch.... Ironically in the '80's I was a lodger in his house for a few years (at least my 'Landlord' had no objection to soldering irons etc. in my room..) - so I too claim heckling rights....!

Funny enough, we were talking about that today! Small world.

Great show, very friendly and some very high quality layouts. Busy too! I fear I may have monopolised the lorry driving job on TEOTL, cheers Tim for letting us play. It's even better in real life than in the photos and one hell of a crowd pleaser.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all that came.  We had a very successful show.  Having 'The End of the Line' there meant I didn't take too many pictures but I'll see if I can sort some out tomorrow.

Matt, you're always welcome to drive the lorries as were the several other characters who got to have a go.

• RMweb Gold

A very enjoyable day demonstrating 2mm modelling. We had William Smith's wharf running in its very unfinished state. Lots of excellent layouts, very nice lunch and an enormous piece of cake! Many thanks to all involved in organising the show.

Jerry

• RMweb Premium

OK, recovered a bit after yesterday.  Here are a few piccies.

post-7686-0-55776800-1422799560_thumb.jpg

Plaxtol Road (O)

post-7686-0-61984200-1422799571_thumb.jpg

Cloud Street (OO)

post-7686-0-94846300-1422799581_thumb.jpg

Buttermere Mining Co (O9)

post-7686-0-11245800-1422799594_thumb.jpg

Fryupdale Brewery (EM)

post-7686-0-79395000-1422799604_thumb.jpg

Aldbourne (OO9)

post-7686-0-99097900-1422799616_thumb.jpg

Acme Steel & Refining Establishment (S7)

post-7686-0-46183000-1422799990_thumb.jpg

Carsmoores (EM)

Archived