Wellington Street

Mike

Mike this is fabulous work - I've really enjoyed reading through the thread. Your attention to detail and craftsmanship is really good. I may pinch a few ideas for Scotland Street...

Can I ask how you did the flangeways? I haven't seen much written about that and, whilst I'm happy with mine yours look much neater!

David

Mike this is fabulous work - I've really enjoyed reading through the thread. Your attention to detail and craftsmanship is really good. I may pinch a few ideas for Scotland Street...

Can I ask how you did the flangeways? I haven't seen much written about that and, whilst I'm happy with mine yours look much neater!

David

The flangeway is simply a card insert with a sandpaper glued and painted. as per the photo

post-185-0-90216000-1468315677_thumb.jpg

A quiet time in Wellington Street, really must finish the Bedford lorry.

attachicon.gif

Love the photo of Aynuk 'n' Ayli* having a natter instead of working.

Maybe Aynuk was asking Ayli what he caught in the cut (canal) whilst fishing at the weekend...

"Only a whale" says Ayli.

"Doh be saft" says Aynuck. "Yoh cor catch a whale in the cut!! What sort o' whale, any road??"

Ayli replies "A bicycle whale".....

*For the un-initiated; stereotypical old Black Country names, from Victorian times when Bible names were popular, meaning Enoch & Eli & the main characters in most Black Country jokes.

Experimental Buddleia  (butterfly bush) a few brush bristles and foam with a touch of paint and et voila. OK not perfect but getting there, just need a butterfly now.

post-185-0-94526400-1468942725.jpg

post-185-0-88869000-1468942743.jpg

I know how sad is that. :blum:

Hoo-flippin-ray, just finished fitting the back-scene boards to the Wellington Street end of the layout. Why I had to design the layout with 45°  end boards who knows. Now it's onto the other end.

post-185-0-99641700-1469370623.jpg

Re the buddleia plant, I have to repeat what I posted "over There"...

"Not perfect"...???!!!??? :O blimey Mike your standards are phenominally high - or this must be a new definition of "not perfect" I was previously unaware of!! :D

Re the buddleia plant, I have to repeat what I posted "over There"...

Hold on young Jordan...  when you were writing that post you would have referred to "over here" as "over there" so now you are over here is the view the same as over there?  Or is there some other corner of the model railway world in which you can see over here and over there at the same time? Or...  my head hurts with keeping up with you.

Some days are just great, whilst some days just grate. Moved one of the baseboards and broke one of the leg units. I was about to make a new support arrangement, but for now the layout is standing on end. Good job I had fitted the back and end boards otherwise goodness knows what damage might have occurred. I'm now off into a darkened room with a damp tea-towel over my head...... wibble! 

New support unit for Wellington Street end just need to get the other boards done.  Folds nice and flat and legs are lockable, easy to set-up and transport and doesn't require drapes. Yeah. :imsohappy:

Mike, Super modelling, as always.

Just a tiny problem with the buddleia plant... it severely restricts the time of year depicted to mid-July to mid-August when the real thing is in flower, But I don't suppose that you were intending to have a snow scene anyway!

• RMweb Gold

New support unit for Wellington Street end just need to get the other boards done.  Folds nice and flat and legs are lockable, easy to set-up and transport and doesn't require drapes. Yeah. :imsohappy:

Without photos it hasn't happened!

Seriously Mike, that sounds good - can we have a peek.

A couple of happy snaps of the base units under construction showing open and closed arrangement but, excluding front and end panel as the frames still need sanding and adjustable feet fitting.

post-185-0-52625200-1469785780.jpg

post-185-0-76776100-1469785793.jpg

Glad to see your layout developing so well. Will it be at Telford this year?

Rod

Hi Rod, no first outing is a small local show followed by Warley 2 weeks later. Just visiting Telford this year as it's the weekend before our Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Adjustable feet for the support unit and inter-board catches received from Station Road Baseboards. Ordered Friday received Saturday Morning. Fantastic service - no connection with the company,just a very satisfied customer.

Just when you think everything is going your way ( cue for a song) you discover that the brick overlay on the central bridge pier has lifted (insert suitable expletive here). So without a major hack job my solution is do what bridge engineers do with bulging brickwork, fit suitable tie rods.

post-185-0-30989200-1470144541.jpg

copied from a real one.

Both the support bases are complete and by way of a change here's a couple of shots of behind the scenes i.e. the fiddle siding, or whats goes on around the back of Doolittle and Waite. :mosking:

post-185-0-31912800-1470401758.jpg

post-185-0-34134900-1470401780.jpg

Archived