rail express new 37/7s n 37/5s

english electric

Hi all

Noticed recently : Rail Exclusive 37/7's now available on Ebay - DIRECT from Rail Exclusive at STD RRP Buy-it-Now prices ! That

will no doubt upset some eBayers trying to sell these items at "silly" prices.

Hi

I spoke with Philip Sutton and this is the very reason, to try and combat the profiteers. Interesting that if you purchase one of these sets via an ebay seller there is no comeback on the warranty apparently.

Response from Bachmann, after I asked the question:

Thank you for your enquiry. When you buy from a retailer you have a contract with certain statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act. In addition to these Bachmann may give a Warranty if stated in the box when bought new from a bona fide retailer, this Warranty does not affect your Statutory Rights. That the retailer in this case uses eBay as a selling medium dose not chnage any arrangements.

Regards

Service Team

Bachmann Europe plc

Bluebird.

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I spoke with Philip Sutton and this is the very reason, to try and combat the profiteers. Interesting that if you purchase one of these sets via an ebay seller there is no comeback on the warranty apparently.

Response from Bachmann, after I asked the question:

Thank you for your enquiry. When you buy from a retailer you have a contract with certain statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act. In addition to these Bachmann may give a Warranty if stated in the box when bought new from a bona fide retailer, this Warranty does not affect your Statutory Rights. That the retailer in this case uses eBay as a selling medium dose not chnage any arrangements.

Regards

Service Team

Bachmann Europe plc

Bluebird.

I am not surprised there is a difference. The Rail Exclusive models are only available "new" from them, so anyone else selling them on ebay will doing so second hand. So no statutory rights as would apply to a new model. On the other hand, and what Bachmann are presumably referring to, if you buy from a retailer on ebay who sells a model as new (e.g. Rails of Sheffield) then you still have your statutory rights.

Archived