rail express new 37/7s n 37/5s

english electric

Hi all,

latest news from Rail Express / Rail Exclusives is that they are coming towards the end of March, as detailed here.

As they rightly request, please do not call them for delivery updates as it will just slow them down.

Not long now!

Cheers,

Ixion.

Hi All

Had an email from Jamie at RE, I'll ber paying for mine at the end of March

However I have decided to split the Loadhaul and sell Gartcosh as I'm getting both packs :blink:

If anyone is interested in purchasing Gartcosh (Now Sold)

I will also post pictures once detailed

Regards

Mike

Hi All,

Anybody interested in splitting the the Transrail / Mainline set with me (I'd keep the Mainline one) so if anyone would like to buy the just the Transrail version from me please let me know via PM. Deal will be 1/2 the cost (£82.50) I'll be happy to pay postage.

Regards,

Tony

My Loadhaul pair arrived this morning biggrin.gif

Had a quick look at them and they certainly look the part so well pleased. Will put them on the rolling road later to check them out fully, but apart from the usual over enthusiastic application of grease by Bachmann, I'm impressed with them so full marks to the Rail Exclusives team.

Dave

Loadhaul 37/7's arrived today. Very well finished and look really good. Couple of iffys ?

On 37 884 the front cab windows are poorly fitted at both ends - both cab front L & R windows are over ? flush - sticking out at the bottom corner edges past the body moulding.

Excess lubricant over one side of both models - pain to clean off but at least it does not damage the paint finish. Perhaps a slightly thicker grease ? like HJ use would prevent this happening, all to common with recent Bachmann models.

EDIT: aagh - the bogies/frames etc are "swimming in it"

Cab doors ;) These are NON opening on both models ;) what happened here ?? - the advance blurb stated these models would use the latest spec 37, which presently has opening cab doors.

Anyone confirm if the other pair - Transrail/Mainline have opening cab doors or not ?

TIA

Boxes galore today when I got home from work.

Another Class 70 and two packs of Class 37's.

Firstly as previously said, for the collector, they come in a nice outer box, they are extreemly nice looking locos, well packaged. don't appear to be any issues with mine.

To confirm the doors do NOT open on any of the models.

A few pictures to enjoy:-

003.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

They ARE NOT FOR sale... :P :P

Very pleased to reicive the transrail and mainline blue pack today, 37798 worked perfectly out of the box and is indeed running in this very moment, however that cant be said for 37702, there must be an error in the light wireing as with No1 end running forward it illuminates both No1 end and No2 end headlights and marker lights :( Similary in reverse only the tail lights work and at both ends :angry: . I have tried changing the lighting switches underneath, notably when i turn the tail light switch off the No1 end tails still come on. Any suggestions / tips please??

Ta

Very pleased to reicive the transrail and mainline blue pack today, 37798 worked perfectly out of the box and is indeed running in this very moment, however that cant be said for 37702, there must be an error in the light wireing as with No1 end running forward it illuminates both No1 end and No2 end headlights and marker lights :( Similary in reverse only the tail lights work and at both ends :angry: . I have tried changing the lighting switches underneath, notably when i turn the tail light switch off the No1 end tails still come on. Any suggestions / tips please??

Ta

Hi Tractor

I'd Phone Rail Exclusives on Monday, explain the fault and ask to return the dud 702 for a fresh one ... I'm sure that they will be accomodating for you.

Mike

Archived