The Definitive Guide to Painting

dibber25

Model Rail's latest 'bookazine' provides 116pp of help with the 'finishing touch' as George Dent guides the reader from primer to top coat and varnish. Everything you need to know about painting your models, from locomotives to buildings and track, with brush or airbrush, on plastic, metal, card etc. You're bound to pick up some useful hints, tips and techniques from the master. £4.99. Order by phone on 01733 840111 or on line at

www.greatmagazines.co.uk/partnership/model-rail-bookazines.

post-1062-0-87878700-1435069423_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if this was distributed internationally?

The previous How to Build a Layout bookazines were, and are quite handy.  I've been keeping an eye out at the few places in Toronto that have decent international magazine selections to see if this appeared, but i've never seen it.

Thanks

Stephen

They happily posted my copy to Wales, but that's probably not quite the same!

As someone who's had a rather large break in modelling activities, I think it's well worth buying. I've only skimmed through it so far, as I'm not ready to start painting anything yet, but there are so many new ideas that have appeared, and this seems to be a good introduction to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the content of this book new material, or is it a compilation of previous Model Rail articles please?

The reason I ask is that I have kept all Model Rails since issue number one so wouldn't buy if it's a compilation of old material.

Thanks.

There is some material from magazine projects in it but also new material not published anywhere else. I think the balance is more new than old but I don't have a copy here to check. I also believe that it is sold out at the supplier now.

CHRIS LEIGH

There is some material from magazine projects in it but also new material not published anywhere else. I think the balance is more new than old but I don't have a copy here to check. I also believe that it is sold out at the supplier now.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks very much Chris.  I'll try and get a copy tomorrow.  Even if there are a few "repeats" it will be nice to have everything in one volume.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Regarding digital availability, I've found Model Rail is the least friendly. Digital subscriptions for Hornby and BRM have been available for quite some time via Pocketmags.com, in all device formats, with back issues and special editions readily available. RM is the same, but available from ExactEditions.com.

Model Rail was late to the game, I'm still not sure how one would sub to just a digital version, there is a lack of info on their site. It also took them quite some time before the mag was offered for devices other than the iPhone/iPad.

I'd buy both the How To Build A layout and the painting one, if they were available, one can always learn some new tips.

Jim F

• 3 months later...

Archived