Dapol class 92

HSTcallum

hey guys

i was reading through Dapol's n gauge news and i was supprised to find that they will be producing an n gauge class 92 laugh.gif

here's the link for the news http://www.Dapol.co....d=500&Itemid=65

i know that CJM allready produce the clas 92 but to be honest, they are too expensive for me and i will be happy to buy on of these from Dapol biggrin.gif

hope you find this interesting!

i was reading through Dapol's n gauge news and i was supprised to find that they will be producing an n gauge class 92

It's great news, although I already have a couple of CJM 92s. However, it should make N gauge more attractive to more modellers and hopefully encourage some more third rail products like the rail and supports (as per the OO Peco version) and third rail EMUs.

G.

post-33-12561740506161_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

The 92 is a favourite of mine, so it will be great to be able to get one that's not quite so marriage-destroyingly priced :lol:

The latest pics of the 86 taken at the Open Day looked most promising and mode well for other 'leccies. Now how about a decent AC EMU to keep it company...(ducks for cover)...:P

Now how about a decent AC EMU to keep it company...

So how about a nice dual voltage unit with both pants and shoes, like a Thameslink or Electrostar set? Double the marketing opportunity. Double the sales 'potential' - :D geddit?

G.

• 2 weeks later...

So how about a nice dual voltage unit with both pants and shoes, like a Thameslink or Electrostar set? Double the marketing opportunity. Double the sales 'potential' - :D geddit?

I agree the Thameslink units in particular have wandered quite widely over the years and worn a great many liveries. Personally I like the silver version of the NSE livery as applied to the 319/1s when they were delivered.

Ahhh, happy memories. ;)

A definate welcome from me.

While Ive always looked at the CJM range a an ultimate aspiration, practically they are well beyond my budget.

Will be looking forward to several EPS types from Dapol myself.

I guess this also firms up Dapols commitment to its OHE system.

Regards

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

First up apologies for the thread resurrection...!

Has anything happened on this? Having trawled the web I can't really find any references, I know the Pendolino is cancelled 'on the back burner', but I've never seen anything to say the 92 has been formally shelved.

I'm hoping not, but suspect I'm in for disappointment!

• RMweb Premium

I believe that Dapol Dave has said that the 92 is also on the back burner if I remember correctly this is down to the poor sales of electric locos.

• RMweb Premium

Sure it is, but the last I'd read, and I thought it was from Dave, was that they were going to see how the 92 sold before potentially reviving the Pendolino.

Shame if they're not even going that far.

I would be surprised if we see this model anytime soon (several years at least). If I recal it was announced as part of the now notorious magnificent seven - which to me seemed their then md's approach of announcing everything simply to but Bachmann off producing them....

Thankfully Dapols more grown up approach to the market now means this doesn't happen anymore, and I would wager everyone there would rather quietly forget this and the 390 were ever announced. Us modellers have long and unforgiving memories ;)

David

• RMweb Premium

That's rather my thoughts too David - it's exclusion from the 12/13 catalogue supports this, and Dave's comment does a good job of neither confirming nor denying it!

Sure it'll be worth the wait if it does appear!

Archived