Pennine Models

TangerineWizards

Both my local shops ten minutes drive away. Excellent shops both pennine models & haworth station. I don't buy from anyone else any longer as I can get everything in haworth plus if you buy from the station shop your putting money into the railway which is belting.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I heard a whisper that Penine Models may be closing down in January, this was picked up second hand so cannot vouch for its authenticity?

​There are a couple of decent bargains in their latest ad in BRM, which may be a precursor of their closure?  If it is true, this will be a great loss. 

Hoping that someone may be able to shed more light on the situation?

​Steve

:-(

• 3 weeks later...

I heard a whisper that Penine Models may be closing down in January, this was picked up second hand so cannot vouch for its authenticity?

​There are a couple of decent bargains in their latest ad in BRM, which may be a precursor of their closure?  If it is true, this will be a great loss. 

Hoping that someone may be able to shed more light on the situation?

​Steve

:-(

I haven't heard anything and in fact Pennine Models have been booking ads in forthcoming issues of BRM.

Pennine_Models.jpg

• 5 years later...

Just called in today. They are located in a farmyard barn just to the North of Skipton. An absolute goldmine literally packed with models,  materials and tools. 

Lots of O gauge on show. I went in looking for N gauge accessories and wasn't disappointed. Well worth a scenic drive for a visit. 

Link to the website here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Hobby-Store/Pennine-Model-Shop-269791833143518/

No association. Just a happy customer who likes to see traditional local shops doing well. 

Cheers 

Stu 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 20/08/2022 at 17:53, woodyfox said:

Just called in today. They are located in a farmyard barn just to the North of Skipton. An absolute goldmine literally packed with models,  materials and tools. 

Lots of O gauge on show. I went in looking for N gauge accessories and wasn't disappointed. Well worth a scenic drive for a visit. 

Link to the website here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Hobby-Store/Pennine-Model-Shop-269791833143518/

No association. Just a happy customer who likes to see traditional local shops doing well. 

Cheers 

Stu 

I’m not sure that this is the same Pennine Models that the original poster was asking about.

From Haworth? 

Edit. Answered my own question. Yes

I am sure it’s a great shop and I’ll probably carry on my occasional visits and purchases as their stock is excellent - but another high street shop bites the dust. 

Edited by ianmacc
Added info

• RMweb Gold
On 06/09/2022 at 21:02, DavidM said:

It is, they relocated a couple of years(?) back.

Oops. Hadn’t noticed the date of the original post and replies.

Having said that, I visited them in Haworth and it seems like only yesterday.