L & Y

sundodger

A couple of pictures of my layout, it is roughly based on a L & Y shed in BR days somewhere in Lancashire. The coal tower is made of plasticard and the water tower part kit part scatch. At the moment I am making the engine shed again it will be made of plasticard.

post-26696-0-28700900-1438282623_thumb.jpg

post-26696-0-24571900-1438282671_thumb.jpg

post-26696-0-14998900-1438283088_thumb.jpg

Huszar

I must admit lostock hall shed did have some part in my designs, my main concerns was the space I had to make my layout. So a four road shed it had to be it is 3' x 10'. It does not have a name yet, but I am sure one will spring to mind sooner or later. I wanted it to be based on Lancashire and Yorkshire railway influence with some L M S /BR Modifications and somewhere in the west of Lancashire. I lost most of my build photos on my computer due to a virus?

But I have managed to get a few from my IPad.

post-26696-0-33305300-1438673984_thumb.jpg

post-26696-0-51495500-1438674137_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Huszar

I must admit lostock hall shed did have some part in my designs, my main concerns was the space I had to make my layout. So a four road shed it had to be it is 3' x 10'. It does not have a name yet, but I am sure one will spring to mind sooner or later. I wanted it to be based on Lancashire and Yorkshire railway influence with some L M S /BR Modifications and somewhere in the west of Lancashire. I lost most of my build photos on my computer due to a virus?

But I have managed to get a few from my IPad.

Hi Sundodger

I am really liking the images of your layout. Seeing your shed under construction have you considered leaving the roof as it is, i.e. being rebuilt. The reason I say this from my own past modelling of a locomotive depot with quite a large shed building is you cannot see the locos at the back and if one needs the assistance of the "hand of god" you cannot get to it. Also they do tend to be forgotten durring operating sessions, out of site out of mind. Having a part open roof you can see them and if need be give them a poke. It may be a more interesting feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been doing much lately other things have got in the way, hopefully I will get back into doing a bit more this week. I am just thinking about the painting of this building, the older building is a red brick with engineers blue brick on the bottom half,anyone got any ideas on what red to use. On the newer part the brick is more of a yellow and few other light colours again what paints would I need for this, and lastly what under coat/ primer is best to use on Plasticard.

Thank you for all your help

Sundodger

Archived