Kernow Model Rail Centre - Bulleid Diesel

WDP4D

• RMweb Gold

The latest Railway Modeller has just dropped through my letterbox with a very positive review of Kernow's Bulleid diesel. Apparently it ran around the Pecorama loft layout Peckwick Rye with 23 Hornby Pullman cars with no fuss at all and still capable of dealing with 2nd radius curves. Some nice pictures alongside the review. I must admit I am not surprised, I was very impressed with one of the engineering samples when Chris let us try it on the modular layout at the SWAG day at Staplegrove back in April. Quietly looking forward to receiving mine when they arrive, I do not want to give the impression that I am really impatient to receive these!  

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 2

The latest Railway Modeller has just dropped through my letterbox with a very positive review of Kernow's Bulleid diesel. Apparently it ran around the Pecorama loft layout Peckwick Rye with 23 Hornby Pullman cars with no fuss at all and still capable of dealing with 2nd radius curves. Some nice pictures alongside the review. I must admit I am not surprised, I was very impressed with one of the engineering samples when Chris let us try it on the modular layout at the SWAG day at Staplegrove back in April. Quietly looking forward to receiving mine when they arrive, I do not want to give the impression that I am really impatient to receive these!  

all the best

Godfrey

I have two on order (not counting 10203). I don’t care about the impression I make. Are they here yet? Are they here yet? :shout:

• RMweb Premium

That's MY line! How dare you sir????? :P

:jester:

Well they're definitely not THERE yet ;)

That involves going back past China and landing in Australia.   Though I could possibly collect yours in person next week for a modest fee.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but this is getting a little bit like the 22,000 who were following the path of the flight bringing a soon to be sacked minister back from Africa yesterday.

Fascinating, full of anticipation but thankfully without the schadenfreude of yesterday's political events.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but this is getting a little bit like the 22,000 who were following the path of the flight bringing a soon to be sacked minister back from Africa yesterday.

Fascinating, full of anticipation but thankfully without the schadenfreude of yesterday's political events

God help anyone following politics these days!

We're just having a bit of mild amusement while we wait to a) put our loco in a cabinet b) be the first to take it completely to pieces, or even c) run it on our layout.  

I've got over the fun of getting my "Sir William A Stanier" and my H Class now and I think the Bulleid diesel is the next one to really look forward to - especially as it's paid for. When it comes I can look forward to the SECR livery birdcages, Oxford N7, Hattons P, Stirling Single and Bachmann "Peggy". I keep rearranging their order on my "outstanding" bit of paper. It can be quite fun in a pathetic sort of way. It's a pity we don't know the ships! I do a lot of rail tracking on various sites but I didn't realise ships could be mildly interesting or that there were so many. You can even see which tugs took your ship into harbour.

By the way, the "Tihama" has left Tangier now and is on its way again.

Cheers, Patrick.

• Like 1

I wonder if shipping companies measure the number of online people watching their ships.

I can see the headlines now "Train buffs cause shipping security alert"

Followed by "Two ships were rerouted yesterday after a Security alert was caused by 5000 train buffs constantly watching the ships online. It turns out that they were desperate to know when their train will arrive, not a commuter train like many of us take every day, but a model train no bigger than a foot long......".

• RMweb Gold

Well the TIHAMA has been at anchor south east of Ventnor for most of the day; at present HMS Queen Elizabeth is also at anchor nearby. Not sure if there is any connection between these two observations but maybe the naval captain has a personal interest in ensuring that the Bullieds arrive safely in Southampton later tonight. The staff at Kernows are clearly going to be very busy in the coming weeks and then they have Warley to come. Not only do they have my money, they also have my sympathy!

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 3

Well the TIHAMA has been at anchor south east of Ventnor for most of the day; at present HMS Queen Elizabeth is also at anchor nearby. Not sure if there is any connection between these two observations but maybe the naval captain has a personal interest in ensuring that the Bullieds arrive safely in Southampton later tonight. The staff at Kernows are clearly going to be very busy in the coming weeks and then they have Warley to come. Not only do they have my money, they also have my sympathy!

all the best

Godfrey

I'm not normally, prone to spreading rumours, but word has it that there's a squad of MiMs, based aboard HMS QE, are examining samples of SS TIHAMA's exotic / narcotic cargo at this very moment.

Edited for missing words.

Edited by Ceptic

I'm not normally, prone to spreading rumours, but word has it that there's a squad of MiMs, based aboard HMS QE, examining samples of SS TIHAMA's exotic / narcotic cargo at this very moment.

Damn! Does this mean we'll have to add some weight back into our locos when we get them??   :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Damn! Does this mean we'll have to add some weight back into our locos when we get them??   :jester:

Having handled a sample of this model some months ago,weight is no problem,I can assure you.So good to know they have arrived.A busy time ahead in piskie land...again.And yes,I am looking forward to receiving mine in due course.Once more,well done CT and team.....they have made shipping spotters of us all.. :jester:

• Like 1

Having handled a sample of this model some months ago,weight is no problem,I can assure you.So good to know they have arrived.A busy time ahead in piskie land...again.And yes,I am looking forward to receiving mine in due course.Once more,well done CT and team.....they have made shipping spotters of us all.. :jester:

Ahh, but was that before or after the customs people had removed the contraband from the model, Ian?   :jester:

all the best

Godfrey

Meanwhile toboldlygo is devoting every spare minute to building aeroplanes for HMS QE.

• Like 1

Having been at anchor off the Isle of Wight for over a day the Tihama is now under way again towards Southampton.

It is a massive ship, just built last year, covered with piles of containers. Which one, and what portion of a container, and who takes it where next? I suppose it's all worked out by computer.

• Like 1

Well, it's here at last! Three tugs are working at docking it as I write. I'm sure you don't want to know which ones. I can now forget ships, although I suppose they could enliven a lazy seaside holiday. With a bit of luck the first locos may be with us within a couple of weeks, if the gate stock is anything to go by. At least it will be one item here in time for Christmas.

• Like 1