Deltic pulling Eurostar

There's a picture posted on the Facebook BROS group of the green liveried Deltic pulling a Eurostar set at York, taken today! Prototype for everything!

Also pictures on there of the Burgermaker 373 having arrived at Ramsgate

Depot on skates!

Can't see that, flickr doesn't want to show it as I'm not logged in ('cause I never signed up and never will) and demands from me to upgrade my browser. Tough, not gonna happen :nono: :rolleyes:

The flickr pic shows for me, and I'm not a member. If I look using an older browser, it shows me a fuzzy low res version. Come on flickr, it's only a JPEG, not rocket science.

I suppose it's something to see a somewhat modern locomotive being assisted to it's final resting place in a museum by two locos which predate it by several decades both physically and technologically.

Not only do they pre-date it they but they have actually done some revenue earning work. It's the first time it has contributed something to UK PLC!

• RMweb Premium

I suppose it's something to see a somewhat modern locomotive being assisted to it's final resting place in a museum by two locos which predate it by several decades both physically and technologically.

Something to do with the modern ones being less flexible but very suited to exactly the niche they were designed for?

Not sure I understand that?

Okay, got it - 3307/3308 was the NOL set that didn't go to work for GNER or SNCF, but ended up being half maintainance spare and half christmas tree...

In which case, putting it somewhere where it will be something interesting to look at may well be the most useful thing it's done.

Given that the Eurostar appears to have its coupling cover closed, how can it be coupled to the Deltic? And even if it was opened are there any side buffers?

Is it not just a posed shot and its the loco at the back providing any movement?

Keith

Given that the Eurostar appears to have its coupling cover closed, how can it be coupled to the Deltic? And even if it was opened are there any side buffers?

Is it not just a posed shot and its the loco at the back providing any movement?

Was taken whilst the three guys were trying to find the NEM pocket...  :jester:

Keith

Being a rigid coupling, the Scharfenberg acts as a buffer in its own right. But as you say the coupler hatches are closed so either the photo is posed, or more likely the Deltic's in the process of having the Scharfenberg adaptor fitted, assuming there are two of them to hand (otherwise they'll have to take it off the 47).

JB

Now the Eurostar is to be parked next to the Japanese Bullet Train they will need to throw out some of the "old junk" to make room.

Evening Star perhaps, few grand in scrap there !!!

Hat, Coat ------------------

Brit15

It did complete part of its trip on a low-loader, so that sounds about right, and I can't imagine there'd be many Eurostar power cars travelling around on low-loaders at the present time anyway. The last time we saw that would have been 1992-1993, unless the one that turned up at a Crewe open day was transported by road (373s presumably still have clearance to Crewe, even if the power car is unlikely to have travelled up "light engine").

JB

Archived