Ron Lines Model Railway Shop, Southampton

shirley lad

Hello,

Let’s start by introducing ourselves. We at Ron Lines are a partnership company owned by Ron & Annmarie. We are based in Southampton on the south coast of the UK, although the shop has been around since the early 2000’s we have recently moved.

Ron has been a keen modeller since his early teens after receiving his first train set as a child. He has continued this throughout his life making various different layouts, some of which are on the exhibition circuit 20 years after production.

Annmarie joined the business in 2009 as an employee for Ron, since then becoming a partner in the business. She has been very involved in the hobby though out her life, with a close relationship to her GWR mad grandfather, making layouts and dioramas.

We moved from our old premises 5 doors away to 342 Shirley Road, Southampton back in January 2015. The new shop is a much bigger & better premises (all be it a little drier than the old shop).

We stock all the big name brands such as PECO, Hornby, Bachmann & Graham Farish as well as buying in any unwanted second hand model railways.

We also do mail order via telephone & our website, if you have any queries we will be more than happy to help if we can.

Ron Lines

342 Shirley Road

Southampton

SO15 3HJ

r.lines@hotmail.co.uk

www.ronlines.com

Many Thanks,

Ron & Annmarie

post-9354-0-62232600-1439459155_thumb.jpgpost-9354-0-89015200-1439459199_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

Great little shop. Conveniently placed between home and work for me although I don't go in as often as I'd like. Well worth a visit for anyone who has never been before.

Sold some unwanted items to them a little while ago. Excellent to deal with, very fair price offered and prompt payment.

Never been in the shop but have looked over their excellent stand at several exhibitions.

• RMweb Gold

Add my comments. Sold my N gauge collection a few months back. Got the price I was looking for and as I dropped everything to the shop Ron added the cost of the petrol. Very simple transaction and kind of wish I had a slightly closer look as the shop itself seems well laid out and spacious.

• 11 months later...

I bought a second hand Farish Class 150 from here last week. Prompt delivery (I can't say exactly how prompt because I was actually away when it arrived; but I placed the order on Tuesday night - so Wednesday, in effect - and it was delivered to my neighbour's house on "Thursday or Friday"), well-packed for transport and appreciably cheaper than these units generally are on eBay. I'd definitely buy from them again.

Jim

• Like 1

Hello,

Let’s start by introducing ourselves. We at Ron Lines are a partnership company owned by Ron & Annmarie. We are based in Southampton on the south coast of the UK, although the shop has been around since the early 2000’s we have recently moved.

Ron has been a keen modeller since his early teens after receiving his first train set as a child. He has continued this throughout his life making various different layouts, some of which are on the exhibition circuit 20 years after production.

Annmarie joined the business in 2009 as an employee for Ron, since then becoming a partner in the business. She has been very involved in the hobby though out her life, with a close relationship to her GWR mad grandfather, making layouts and dioramas.

We moved from our old premises 5 doors away to 342 Shirley Road, Southampton back in January 2015. The new shop is a much bigger & better premises (all be it a little drier than the old shop).

We stock all the big name brands such as PECO, Hornby, Bachmann & Graham Farish as well as buying in any unwanted second hand model railways.

We also do mail order via telephone & our website, if you have any queries we will be more than happy to help if we can.

Ron Lines

342 Shirley Road

Southampton

SO15 3HJ

r.lines@hotmail.co.uk

www.ronlines.com

Many Thanks,

Ron & Annmarie

attachicon.gifPIC_5355.JPGattachicon.gif11830209_10153238590754580_1368386830_n.jpg

This is a good shop with wide range of good-condition secondhand stock which I visit whenever I'm in Southampton to meet my ex-colleagues.  There are plenty of buses from central Southampton which stop more or less outside the door.  Well worth a visit in my opinion.

Peterfgf

• 2 years later...

Ron Lines has pretty much become my local-ish model shop (there are not many good model shops left in the Yeovil area that do N scale).  I go down to Soton every couple of months or so and have a look to see what is in.  They are always nice to go to and I usually manage to find something nice to buy.

A lot of the models I need were produced years ago and hence have sold out.  The only way of getting those models is hoping that someone has traded in their unwanted ones.  Over the last two years I have managed to fill several gaps in my fleet - and thanks to this shop I have managed to obtain:

A Farish class 42 "Warship" D827 "KELLY" in blue.

Four of the latest Farish MK1s in chocolate & cream (BCK 21080, SK 24747, BSKs 34855, 34885).  This has allowed me to complete a four coach set by adding two of these coaches (24747 and 34855) to FK 13185 and SK 25200 which I already had.

Several Farish wagons (extra grey 16t mineral wagons and an LMS design cattle wagon).

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

I've just now unpacked a secondhand wagon which I got from Ron Lines, with whom I'd never dealt before but will certainly buy from again.  It's exactly as described on the phone by the very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable Annmarie, was very well packed indeed, and the price was entirely reasonable.  Couldn't wish for a better service.

• Like 1