Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

A Prototype for every cliche

Thanks Andy. You've inspired me to model a broken down bus on a bridge. It would just need the engine cover up and the fitter's Transit van parked behind it.

Cameos, clichés etc etc... luv 'em.

If it's a modern hybrid better have it on fire !

• RMweb Premium

So can anyone come up with a shot of a church where the wedding cars are leaving just as the funeral cortège draws up on the other side? The church really needs to be right next to a very busy main line......

So can anyone come up with a shot of a church where the wedding cars are leaving just as the funeral cortège draws up on the other side? The church really needs to be right next to a very busy main line......

Well there is a church quite near to where I took the picture in the OP. A couple of roads over, right by Dalston Junction.

Built over a tunnel, surely... With a graveyard next to it where the tunnel would be. (Don't dig em too deep)

• RMweb Premium

We once stayed in a hotel like that in York, our room faced the Scarborough line which passes by on a low embankment. Sadly there weren't any steam specials scheduled for the period of our stay!

And where you have a street and house fronts right next to a busy line.....

attachicon.gifDSCN6422.JPG

Spencer Terrace in Gateshead used to overlook the ECML until most of the area was pulled down c1986. The former site is now called South Hill Road.

• 2 months later...

This thread is too good to lose...so here is another cliche, only this one is available in every garden and can easily be cut to suit your wagon...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/22426214777/in/album-72157628773150667/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/22223431953/in/album-72157628773150667/

Wow, do you have the latin species name? (I imagine it wil be something like Locotinus Vaporious var. I xxxix) ?That'll knock 3D printing into a cocked hat before it has really got going.

So can anyone come up with a shot of a church where the wedding cars are leaving just as the funeral cortège draws up on the other side? The church really needs to be right next to a very busy main line...

That would be unusual, a situation that is avoided if at all possible, in my experience. Sequential weddings OR sequential funerals, thats a commonplace, no (modeller's) licence required. A recently deceased CoE priest was wont to tell a tale of his London parish, where one Saturday he had the extremely late arriving marital party that should have been wedding one 'stored' in the choir vestry, as he conducted wedding two from a somewhat late start, with wedding party three all over the road frontage, and a hard pressed Met traffic officer demanding that various cars be moved.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I do a bit of part time driving for a local bus and coach company. Today I've got a little 24 seat coach and needed somewhere to park it between trips. So where did I go?

I'm actually typing this while sitting in the coach, parked on Badger Bridge over the WCML. I can actually photograph the trains without getting out.

Looks like my next layout will have to include a bus on a bridge, with me sitting in it, watching trains, drinking tea, reading RMweb and getting paid to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I do a bit of part time driving for a local bus and coach company. Today I've got a little 24 seat coach and needed somewhere to park it between trips. So where did I go?

I'm actually typing this while sitting in the coach, parked on Badger Bridge over the WCML. I can actually photograph the trains without getting out.

Looks like my next layout will have to include a bus on a bridge, with me sitting in it, watching trains, drinking tea, reading RMweb and getting paid to do it.

Here are a couple of photos taken from the bus on the bridge. 

post-19248-0-81137000-1468701434.jpg

post-19248-0-86210000-1468701458.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Have you tried Dave Allen sketches Colin? bet theres one in there somewhere...

Phil

Archived