The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Spy on Blea Moor

mark374

Hello all,

Ive been working on this film script, of a train in WWII getting stuck on Bleamoor in a drift with german spies on board, 

Its not perfect, with some errors and not fully acriate. but hope you all enjoy 

Spy on Blea Moor

By Mark Hall

WEST COAST MAIN LINE WINTER 1945

On a train travelling along the West Coast Main line, members of parliament & the RAF are travelling on a train to a top secret meeting with the Scottish air ministry, to plan a sudden air attack on a factory in Berlin.

FADE IN:

A LMS Black 5 powers along a snow covered line in a blizzard

DISSOLVES TO:

ONBOARD TRAIN

The main guys sat down in the dining car, to discuss some plans,

AIR MARSHALL A. DUNN

(Closing a folder and placing it on the table)

It all sounds well and good sir but to get that many bombers to that area of Berlin is impossible, we sent reconnaissance planes out and it’s that heavily guarded with AA guns and artillery,

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Sitting opposite Dunn)

I know sir but it has to be done if we don’t then Germany will soon have a fully operational jet bomber,

AIR MARSHALL A. DUNN

Yes sir but we need are air force, we are planning a large raid to the Ruhr valley, and need all the planes we can have,

DISSVOLVES TO:

CAB OF THE BLACK 5 STEAM LOCO

DRIVER JOE CLARK

(LEANING OUT THE WINDOW OF THE LOCO IN TO THE BLIZZARD)

This blizzard is getting worse, and where coming up to Blea Moor, if it keeps up we will stall, on the climb, and there’s no banker engines,

FIREMEN STEVE CHURCHWARD

(TAKING A BREAK FROM FIRING)

Well can we not call ahead at the next station for an extra engine,

DRIVER JOE CLARK

(FEATHEIRNG THE REGULATOR AND CUTOFF)

Look if we stop at Dent we could get stuck & we need the momentum to keep going,

FADE OUT:

THE BLACK 5 BATTLES THROUGH THE BLIZZARD & HITS EVER DEEPING SNOW DRIFTS

FADE IN:

ON BOARD TRAIN

AIR MARSHALL A. DUNN

Okay Marshall we’ll sort the raid out but I’m not sending 60 bombers, I will talk to Barnes Wallis about his new grand slam bomb, that way we can send 25 planes. 10 of which would be carrying the new bomb

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Sits forward)

I’ve seen Wallis and his new bomb is a gimmick look at that upkeep bomb, he spent months on that not to mention held up valuable research time, now he’s claiming he has a 25,000lb that can destroy a reinforced bunker, is ridicules.

GROUP CAPTAIN I. GREY

(Turns around to face them from his table behind)

Excuse me gentlemen but I think Mr Dunn is right about sending a large bomber raid.

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Turns around)

I’m sorry but who are you

GROUP CAPTAIN I.GREY

(Stands up & sits on the opposite table)

Group Captain Ian Grey, on transfer to Scotland to the 22nd bomber group, now excuse me while to go to the bathroom

Grey gets up & walks up towards the loco end of the train

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Points the opposite way)

Isn’t the toilet that way?

DISSOLVES TO:

A train guard walks past a compartment and hears a small group of people with a German accent. And carries on towards to tell Dunn & Snow.

The guard reaches Dunn & Snow, Dunn is sipping on his coffee.   

Guard

Gentlemen I believe we have...........

The guard is interrupted as the whole train lurches forward everyone is through forward. The guard falls backwards and Dunn spills his coffee,

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

THE TRAIN PLIES HEAD ON IN TO A DEEP SNOWDRIFT, SNOW FLYS IN TO THE AIR THE LOCO EXHAUSTS ROAR AND WHEELS SCREACH AS IT COMES TO A HALT

DISSOLVES TO:

At the loco end, the driver and firemen climb out the cab & clamber trough ankle deep snow towards the front of the train. To see the loco stuck in a drift with snow up over the buffer beam. 

DRIVER JOE CLARK

(Looks at the loco)

Well we are stuck, well and truly stuck.

The guard walks up to them.

The Guard

What’s happened?

DRIVER JOE CLARK

(Looks at the guard)

We’ve hit a snow drift and we are stuck.

GUARD

Can you not reverse out?

DRIVER JOE CLARK

No. There’s no way to get her out. The snows to compact and built up round the gear and has her stuck.

GUARD

(LOOKS DOWN THE TRAIN)

Well I will go and telephone for a snowplough to come and rescue us.

FIREMAN STEVE CHURCHWARD

(LOOKS TOWARDS JOE)

I’ll try and keep the fire going, as long as we can to maintain heat, if the loco cools down to much the melted snow will freeze up and seize up everything Joe can you not try and reverse out.

DRIVER JOE CLARK

(LOOKS TOWARDS STEVE)

Okay I’ll do my best, but she’s encased in snow, And it could be hard to get traction even with sanders.

GUARD

Okay guys, I will inform are passengers of the situation.

The guard walks back to the train, Steve begins to shovel snow clear of the driving gear and wheels, as Joe climbs back in to the cab.

DISSOLVES TO:

The guard slowly makes his way through the train informing all the passengers of the situation, as he’s about to open door to a compartment he hears Germans talking and a English/German man talking.

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Walking towards the guard)

What’s happened why have we stopped?

GUARD

(Leaning over to Dunn & Marshall)

We have struck a snow drift and are stuck, also we have a problem, I believe there are some German spies on board, and I heard them in a compartment in the 3 coach.

AIR MARSHALL A. DUNN

(Looking puzzled at the other)

Wait didn’t that captain go that way?

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Sits forward)   

Your right, I had my thoughts about how he said he was a group captain going to the 22nd bomber group.

AIR MARHSELL A. DUNN

I agree and that he went the opposite way to the where the toilet was.

As the men talked group captain I. Grey returned, Dunn, Snow & the Guard stopped talking.

GROUP CAPTAIN I. GREY

(Stands by the table Dunn & Grey are sitting)

What has happened gentleman, why have we stopped?

Guard

(Turns round to face Grey)

We have struck a snow drift and are stuck, the engine crew are trying to free us, as we speak.

DISSOLVES TO:

Driver Joe Clark & Fireman Steve Churchwood, battle to free the Black 5 in the ever increasing blizzard with little movement, the loco slips violently as Joe opens the regulator, Steve stands clear. 

Fireman Steve Churchwood

(Stands clear off the loco)

Okay Joe gives her all she’s got, see if she moves now.

Driver Joe Clark

(Leans out the cab)

Right Oh Steve, stand clear.

The loco roars and shakes violently the wheels and gear stagger round, as the drain cocks hiss violently.

Driver Joe Clark

(Climbs out the cab)

It’s no good Steve, she won’t grip the rails and she’s building up to much pressure.

Fireman Steve Churchwood

(Looks at Joe)

I agree, the snows to compacted, it’s impossible, best drop the fire and leave her.

Driver Joe Clark

I agree and we are a few miles from Dent. Hopefully they will have a snowplough well inform the guard and head south.

FADE OUT:

Joe & Steve climb in to the cab, Joe puts the handbrake on full an then puts it in neutral, Steve drops the fire and makes sure the loco is safe then head to the coaches.

DISSOVLES TO:

On board the train, the engine crew arrive at the military men, and train guard.

GUARD

(Walks up to the engine crew)

Is everything okay gents.

DRIVER JOE CLARK

Afraid not. The locos encased in snow, all attempts to free it have failed, and the winds blowing more snow in that we can shift.

GUARD

So what next, as snow shows no sign of stopping.

DRIVER JOE CLARK

Well me & Steve are going to try and make are way back to Dent, there’s a farm nearby, we will head there to raise the alarm and try see if we can get a lift to Dent.

GUARD

Okay, well I will inform the passengers.

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

The three military personal, are talking, the guard approaches.

GUARD

Gentlemen, The engine crew have decided to Tebay to in the morning to try and get a snowplough, depending on time it could be a day or two before they return, there is a farm nearby, there going there to inform them of the situation and try and get food.

GROUP CAPTAIN I. GREY

(Gets up to leave the table)

Excuse me gentleman, but seeing as we are due to be here for the night I think I shall retreat to my cabin for some rest, I am kind of tired. Goodnight.

Grey gets up to leave.

AIR MARSHALL A. DUNN

(Gets up to follow Grey)

You know something. I’m going to follow him as I believe he’s the spy.

Dunn gets up and quickly follows Grey.

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

Grey walks up the corridor of one coach and then walks in to a compartment Dunn looks from the edge of the corridor. Grey closes the door to his compartment; Dunn runs up and places his ear against the door.

GERMAN TROOP

(German accent) Heir Shultz why have we stopped.

GROUP CAPTAIN I. GREY

(German Accent) we have hit a snow drift, the locomotive crew have gone for a plough, what is the status of are radio.

Dunn with is ear against the door is shocked to hear grey speak in German.

GERMAN TROOP

(German accent) No good sir, we still not reach HQ there is too much inference from the weather.

Dunn runs back to the others.

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

Dunn arrives back to the table.

AIR MARSHALL A. DUNN

(Leans over the table)

It’s him alright, he even has Germans and a radio in his compartment & they were trying to radio back to Germany about something.

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

Well I think we better go and stop them before they radio back about the raid you wanted to do Dunn.

The pair set off with the guard to Greys compartment.

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

Outside Greys compartment.

CHIEF MINSTER J. SNOW

(Grabs the door handle)

Right guys let’s get him and the radio.

They stormed the compartment with guns drawn taking them by surprise.

Air Marshall A. DUNN

(Aiming a gun)

Stand away from the radio, your all under arrest.

The spies raise their arms and drop the radio in shock

GROUP CAPTAIN I. GREY

(Arms raised)

You all startled me I just caught these spies. They were radioing Berlin.

CHEIF MINSTER J.SNOW

Stop with the tricks grey, we know your the spy.

GROUP CAPTAIN I.GREY

What, what are you talking about?

AIR MARHSALL A. DUNN

There’s no Group Captain I. Grey, going to Scotland

Grey reaches in his bag and pulls out a gun, at that moment snow fires a shot and hits Grey in his right arm and wounds him, grey drops his gun and grabs his right arm.

At this moment, the guard arrives with two police officers from a nearby town, to arrest Grey and the two other German troops,

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

THE LOCO & TRAIN SIT IN THE SNOW AND BLUE SKY, THE SNOW HAD BUILT UP TO THE RUNNING PLATE OF THE ENGINE AND JUST BELOW THE DOORS OF THE COACHES,

Dunn & Snow wake up and check on the spies, Grey had his wound looked at and was bandaged up, they find the guard and all talk about the previous day,

AIR MARSHALL A.DUNN

We are lucky that the Germans were not able to reach Berlin due to the snow and wind,

CHEIF MINSTER J.SNOW

Yes we are, shame we missed the meeting but lucky to catch the spies

The engine crew return and speak to the guard and men. Gentle men,

DRIVER JOE CLARK

(Taking a sip of his tea)

Well we went to spouse farm and where able to reach Tebay, they are getting ready to send a snow plough out to us they said it could take a day or two to reach us.

CHEIF MINSTER J. SNOW

Well that is good news.

FIREMAN STEVE CHURCHWOOD

Me & Joe are going to try and build up a fire and start to clear the snow.

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

The following day the loco still sits in the snow, in the distant a faint whistle could be heard

GUARD

Good news gentlemen, the plough has almost reached us they have brought a spare engine to help us

OUTSIDE THE SNOW PLOUGHS DRAW UP IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE CLEARING THE SNOW AND SHOWERING THE BLACK 5 IN SNOW, THE TRACK GAND ONBOARD AND VOULNTEERS FROM THE BLACK 5 HELP CLEAR THE SNOW AND SPEND THE DAY SLOWLY FREE THE TRAIN COACH BY COACH,

Four days after getting stuck, the train arrives in Scotland, the two men had missed the meeting but a few weeks later a small group of bombers carrying the new Grand Slam bomb fly right in to the industrial heart of Berlin and destroyed the jet factory

Mark

The story is completely made up

And its a bit of fun & something i like to do in my spare time,   may upload another ive done about two escaped POWs, & one i started, about two teens who find a time capsule from the future

Mark

Archived