County Rolling Stock _ Kickstarter - N Gauge RTR Mermaid

Tricky-CRS

County Rolling Stock is back for a second Kickstarter project to raise funds to produce an N Gauge Mermaid Ballast Wagon in RTR format. We aim to produce both the fitted and unfitted brake versions and will be offering the wagons at exclusive discounted prices for our backers.

The project will go live on 24th September 2015 and finish on 25th October 2015. 

KICKSTARTER PAGE HERE http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/926673037/mermaid-ballast-wagon-n-gauge-ready-to-run

I will post further details and a link as they become available, I also have this thread RMWEB for researching theses wagons.

Mermaid 01d

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week to go until I launch it on the world. 

RRP will be £18.75 backer prices below

1 or 2 will £17 each

3, 4 & 5 options available as well.

10 will be £15 each

These are the pristine prices basic factory weathered will also be available, all prices exclude postage.

Hi Richard

Very interested in these but can you clarify what you mean by "basic factory weathering"?

Is this the weathering that (I think) Dapol apply to some wagons in Chirk (the, in my opinion, not very convincing red-brown), is it the (much better) standard of weathering applied to such models as the 22,52 and silver bullet or something else entirely?

Thanks

Rob

It is the basic weathering applied in Chirk, I am afraid to get it done properly in China would been ordering 250 of each running number weathered, that said if enough are ordered weathered and the backers are willing to have 1 running number per livery then it may become an option.

• RMweb Gold

I hope that all of the permissions are in place for the Flangeway 4mm design to be scaled down and used for the 2mm model or someone will be in trouble?

Dapol may be producing it but do they own the rights to the design as it was paid for by Flangeway.

Hi there,

This is an interesting question. The product Flangeway paid for was, presumably, the model. The CAD will have been produced as part of the production process but will not necessarily be owned by Flangeway, unless the contract specifies this.

Usually the owner of copyright on an image is the person who created it, unless as part of their contract of employment they surrendered the rights.

cheers

Ben A.

We have reached and passed 100 backers this morning, a big thank you to all who have got on board so far. Please can I ask that you all help spread the word and encourage the doubts to also join in. I suspect some are waiting to see how it goes before joining but we really need to spread the word that if everyone does that it will not succeed, the more that join now the greater confidence it will give to others. Add it no money is taken until project closes and then only if it is reaches its goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/926673037/mermaid-ballast-wagon-n-gauge-ready-to-run

Here is a picture to keep is all inspired. 

MGalleryItem.php?id=29941

I've put down for a pair of weathered ones- though I had to fight the kickstarter website to make the pledge...

For those like me who are putting a pledge in for a second project.

The kickstarter website remembers who you are from the last time, but doesn't make that plain in its documentation.  If you then try to register your email address to back this (or any) project it rejects you on the grounds that your email is already being used. 

To repeat, you register with KICKSTARTER, not with the project.  On a second or subsequent pledge to a different project you log in as if you are logging into the previous one.

Les

The project has 14 days left to raise its funds and is currently at £16,811, 24% with 139 backers, so thank you to all of you who have backed this wagon.

We are obviously a long way from funding but adverts and news items have been published in the last week in Railway Modeler and Hornby Magazines so hopefully these will start to have an effect.

Fingers crossed for the next fortnight.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/926673037/mermaid-ballast-wagon-n-gauge-ready-to-run

Looking at pledges to date, although a significant interest has clearly been shown, it would appear to me that there was already likely to have been too much ground to make up in the remaining time even before the announcement of DJM's model.

Personally I therefore think the DJM announcement is unlikely to impact the success or otherwise of the project.

Roy

Given that the DJM version is already in tooling it is a shame that Richard couldn't have been made aware of its existence before this kickstarter was started.

However the competition gestapo might have had something to say about it....

Just a thought

Les

Looking at pledges to date, although a significant interest has clearly been shown, it would appear to me that there was already likely to have been too much ground to make up in the remaining time even before the announcement of DJM's model.

I don't think it is quite as clear cut as that. Dave has made it known for sometime that he was planning on a range of N gauge wagons and its been mooted that would include a Mermaid. I even posted that up before the announcement. The possibility may well have had an impact on pledges - certainly by the astute.

G.

Archived