Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

3 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, , and many thanks again, Mick, for the excellent photo’ of 45707, Valiant, on Botanic shed, on the 24 August, 1952. 

Now, this evening, with thanks once more to John Turner, on Flickr, we see English-Electric "Type 3" 6789 (later TOPS Class 37 37089 & 37708) in BR green livery with LMS-style brake van at King George Dock / Saltend, Hull, prior to working oil train, 9T16, in about 1969.

c.1969 - King George Dock / Saltend, Hull, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

I always like locos with consecutive numbers.

I remember seeing Jubilee 45678 De Robeck as a 14 year old, and getting ribbed by the others because I thought it special.

Those, and one-offs like 60113, 60700, 71000, D0280/1200, 05001 etc.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JeffP said:

I always like locos with consecutive numbers.

I remember seeing Jubilee 45678 De Robeck as a 14 year old, and getting ribbed by the others because I thought it special.

Those, and one-offs like 60113, 60700, 71000, D0280/1200, 05001 etc.

I know what you mean about number sequences. 

I have a fondness for Class 08 248 which I believe was a Hull based loco.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. First, many thanks, Mick, for another excellent photo’. This one of 69784, at Springhead shed in 1952.

Now, this evening, thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, we see Dairycoates allocated WD, Austerity, 2-8-0, 90352, near the coaling stage at its home depot, in about 1966.

c.1966 - Dairycoates (50B) MPD, Hull, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

Evening Rob,  think that maybe earlier than 66 as it's mint condition almost 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone.  Firstly, russ p, thank you for your comment, unfortunately I only have the information as given, in the caption, by John Turner. I’m sure your right, and yesterday’s photo’ was taken earlier than 1966. 

This evening, thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, we see Dairycoates allocated WD, Austerity, 2-8-0, 90016, running onto its home depot in about 1966. 

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, thanks to John , on Flickr, we see Austerity, 2-8-0, 90677, at Dairycoates, in about 1966. The caption goes on to suggest that the B1 behind the WD is thought to be 61032.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. This evening, thanks to John , on Flickr, we see Austerity, 2-8-0, 90677, at Dairycoates, in about 1966. The caption goes on to suggest that the B1 behind the WD is thought to be 61032.

Best regards,

Rob.

Maybe it's me, but these John Turner pictures you've been putting up of WDs seem to have a way of making them look almost elegant!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, everyone. This evening, courtesy of John Turner, on Flickr, we see WD, Austerity, 2-8-0, 90627, of 50B, as it shunts the sidings above Hedon Road and near Alexandra Docks, whilst working J10 pilot duties, in c1966.

c.1966 - Alexandra Dock, Hull, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 18

On 10/06/2023 at 20:43, micknich2003 said:

A recent E Bay buy. 68011 somewhere in Hull, almost certainly east of the river and I'm sure the gas holder is that of the East Hull Gas Co and not Bankside. The engieering premises left of picture should finalise the exact location. there is point rodding and signal wires at bottom of picture, so close to a signalbox, Dansom Lane being a possible candidate. Thanks, Mick.

68011 Wilmington area,.jpg

I I have since learnt though sold as Hull, the location is actually Darlington.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The J94's weren't that common around here in the late 50's, early 60's.

Doncaster had a few, Immingham had some, I don't remember them ever being at Frodingham, but Darlington had a good few and used them as works shunters too.

I put the possession on for that on Wednesday night, next time I'm in I'll take a photo of the register for posterity, it was really unusual as the T3 ran from Hunmanby all the way to Beverley.  We quite often get them running Seamer to Brid or occasionally to Driffield but its quite rare to see one that long done across multiple boxes (ROCs don't count in this case) they've been doing vegetation clearance Speeton to Hunmanby and I think track work round Brid, possibly in preparation for a big blockade planned next year.

Edited by Boris
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, thank you, Mick, for the excellent photos you have posted. Again, they add so much to this thread, and please post more when you can.

That’s a sad sight of Beverley station with the footbridge now without it’s roof. I took some photo’s myself, earlier on today, but they are not as clear as that one, AttusLeBeard, so thank you for posting it.

And, Boris, I wonder what the big blockade is about next year - I thought all the trackwork was complete at Bridlington.

Now, this evening, thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, we see WD, Austerity, 2-8-0, 90352, pictured under the coaling stage at its home depot in Hull, in circa 1966.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 16