RMweb

NRM 40 Class 43 (HST)

Andy Y

Yep I would suggest to stock up on the Mk3's if you want prototypical rakes as I am going to need 18 of them for the two VTEC HST's that I am having as I am getting the TTS sound one once its released. I have recently took delivery of my NRM40 HST pack and it is a lovely model. I will be adding a driver into the cab of mine as I like realism :). Well done Locomotion! I have filled in your questionnaire and with a suggestion to boot as well. So you can expect more custom from me in the future.

Edited by BritishRail60062
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yep I would suggest to stock up on the Mk3's if you want prototypical rakes as I am going to need 18 of them for the two VTEC HST's that I am having as I am getting the TTS sound one once its released. I

TTS VTEC HST Showing as available on Kernow Models website.

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

That’s the good thing about an impulse buy. It doesn’t give you time to think, “why not?”

Congratulations on your purchase. :)

My usual afterthought on an impulse buy is "why"...........

Cheers

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

My usual afterthought on an impulse buy is "why"...........

Cheers

Mick

Mine is normally "how the hell am I going to get this in the house without her indoors seeing it"!

I wont mention the time I went to Warley and spent well into 4 figures, we (I had my son with me) had 2 rucksacks and 5 very large plastic bags full of goodies (I had recently got the train driving job so the bank account was very healthy), I didnt want to leave it in the boot of the car as it was quite cold so thought, as it was so late (it was 11:30pm), she would be in bed and we could sneak it in and hide it all away. Boy was I wrong, I unlocked and opened the door, walked into the dark room, turned on the light to hear "have you had a good da, what the hell is that lot", the look on my face must have been something else because she then burst out laughing saying "caught you red handed and very red faced".

She did make it clear that it was to be the one and only time that I spent that sort of money on trains!

Now about that caravan she bought last August?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is normally "how the hell am I going to get this in the house without her indoors seeing it"!

I wont mention the time I went to Warley and spent well into 4 figures, we (I had my son with me) had 2 rucksacks and 5 very large plastic bags full of goodies (I had recently got the train driving job so the bank account was very healthy), I didnt want to leave it in the boot of the car as it was quite cold so thought, as it was so late (it was 11:30pm), she would be in bed and we could sneak it in and hide it all away. Boy was I wrong, I unlocked and opened the door, walked into the dark room, turned on the light to hear "have you had a good da, what the hell is that lot", the look on my face must have been something else because she then burst out laughing saying "caught you red handed and very red faced".

She did make it clear that it was to be the one and only time that I spent that sort of money on trains!

Now about that caravan she bought last August?

Warley time again so soon!! You need some training in female evasion tactics!! We are on stand D08 spend with us for top tips on smuggling goodies back in to the house............

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The matching VTEC Mk3's should be arriving at the end of November according to a well known retailer.

Cheers,

Mick

Now the question is, do we buy the Hornby mk3s or wait and hope Oxford rail release some?

Decision time.... The Hornby VEC Mk3s are showing as in stock in a well-known Cornish shop. No doubt soon to be joined by all the others.

Cheers

Rob

Warley time again so soon!! You need some training in female evasion tactics!! We are on stand D08 spend with us for top tips on smuggling goodies back in to the house............

I like women, I dont want to avoid them.  :sungum:

As for smuggling the goodies, that wont be a problem this year, the bank account is empty from (still) doing the house up, the house does have a 14x12ft mancave attached which is roughly level with the back garden so it will be worth it in the end.

Edit-

That NRM40 HST of yours does looks bloody good though, damn!

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1

The HST is indeed very good and fairly soon should get the full set of coaches to go with it.

Just a shame Hornby haven't done a full set of different numbers like they did a couple of years back, it's mainly the colourful coach letters that will be noticed and not as easy to change.

The VTEC livery does look smart on them

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Angel Of The North ? You wish ! Here speaks The Siren Of The North.Remember the song popular way back when....."If ever the devil was born without a pair of horns,it was you,Jezebel" Thing is,I'm likely to be the only one here who remembers it.....Oh well....lead us (not) into temptation.All roads lead to D08 to fill the magic ever expanding rucksack

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Four of the five produced are in stock at Rails of Sheffield (£29.50 to £34.50 depending on the coach).  The one which Rails does not have is TSO R4751. It appears to be available at Wonderland Models at £31.34 and at Locomotion Models for £32.99.   Three of the others are also in stock at Locomotion models.at the same price.  I've not found anybody who sells all of them but I've only done a few quick online searches.

Four of the five produced are in stock at Rails of Sheffield (£29.50 to £34.50 depending on the coach).  The one which Rails does not have is TSO R4751. It appears to be available at Wonderland Models at £31.34 and at Locomotion Models for £32.99.   Three of the others are also in stock at Locomotion models.at the same price.  I've not found anybody who sells all of them but I've only done a few quick online searches.

Thanks, I will be placing an order asap once I get funds!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, I will be placing an order asap once I get funds!

Don't leave it too long, there wasn't a single one at Donny exhibition a fortnight ago !

Only needed one to make a full rake, which I've since found :)

Had it in my head I needed 3 first and 4 standard, plus buffet and guard. Good job my son pointed out it's actually 2 first and 5 standard in the HST's (it's 3 F, 4 S in the mk4 rakes!)

Cheers,

Phil.

Don't leave it too long, there wasn't a single one at Donny exhibition a fortnight ago !

Only needed one to make a full rake, which I've since found :)

Had it in my head I needed 3 first and 4 standard, plus buffet and guard. Good job my son pointed out it's actually 2 first and 5 standard in the HST's (it's 3 F, 4 S in the mk4 rakes!)

Cheers,

Phil.

Thanks. So just to double check, along with the power car and dummy car, I need to purchase:

2 First class, 5 standard, 1 buffet, 1 Trailer Guard?

Thanks

Yep !!

Cheers,

Phil.

Thanks! Last question, I promise!

What coaches do you recommend I buy first, as I have 2 sets of VTEC HSTs, I need to buy 18 coaches, something I cannot afford straight away.

Should I get the buffet and trailer guard first, followed by the first class and then the standards?

Which sets are more likely to go first do you all think?

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Thanks! Last question, I promise!

What coaches do you recommend I buy first, as I have 2 sets of VTEC HSTs, I need to buy 18 coaches, something I cannot afford straight away.

Should I get the buffet and trailer guard first, followed by the first class and then the standards?

Which sets are more likely to go first do you all think?

Thanks

I'd get what you can, when you can !!

If you deliberately don't buy something you'll never see it again.

Buffets & Guards are cheaper on Rails website than 'open' coaches, which suggests the 'opens' are more scarce.

Cheers,

Phil.

Rails has the TGS, buffet and one of the TSO tyes available on ebay.  They also have the FO on their own web site but do not state the quantity available. Locomotion models has everything bar the FO available with 5 or 6 of each shown in stock.

If I needed to buy 18 coaches, I would start off getting the FOs from Rails, then the large number of TSOs and finally the TGS and buffet as it is these last two which seem to be the most plentiful.

• 2 weeks later...