RMweb

Jonny's "where are these?" photo album

jonny777

• RMweb Gold

Yep, definitely Didcot Fuelling Point, you could probably put that photo on the "Purpose built Diesel Depot" thread.

Actually constructed as a servicing depot undertaking exams as well as fuelling and built specifically for the Avonmouth - Didcot coal flow  (which rather oddly in view of the loco on view, and contrary to my original proposal, was decided by Trainload Coal to be Class 60 haulage although I planned the track layouts to allow for pairs of Class 37s).

Thanks very much everyone. I must have had my eyes closed every time I passed Didcot.  :senile:

It all depends which bit you pass through as it is not easily seen from some lines in the area.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you might be right, Kevin.

Although the area has changed a lot since the late 80s when that photo was taken, I managed to float around Streetview until I found this angle and the short row of terraced houses on the right do look the same.

post-4474-0-56778000-1461492223_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I think this is at Manea Cambridgeshire, but there cannot be many 37s with an enlarged headcode.

Hopefully the 37 experts can help me out?

Definitely Manea, the train is heading in the March direction - can't help with the 37

North end bay at Cambridge I think.

Paul.

Well, thankyou kind Sir.

It is so easy when you know the answer, but quite stressful trying to work it out when you don't.

• RMweb Gold

I didn't realise there were bays that were not wired.

They are nowadays,that picture was probably taken when Cambridge was the limit of electrification

Thanks very much Chris. I have not been to Cambridge for years - something that I must remedy soon.

Here is another mystery (to me anyway). The signal has the letters 'ES' which must indicate the box it is controlled by.

post-4474-0-76674800-1463921873_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

ES4 is on the Up Line (towards Sheffield) at Bamford station. The photo will have been taken from the end of the Up platform.

Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info Paul and Greatcentral.

I think I have posted another from that area before, on this thread, but I still fail to recognise the clues.  :scratchhead:

• 2 weeks later...

I know this could be one of a hundred or so different places, but it rings no bells with me. 

There may be clues in the background, so does anyone have any thoughts?

post-4474-0-66945800-1464942358_thumb.jpg

Edited to add a "blown up" section of the background behind the train showing the signalbox, water tower and sidings.

post-4474-0-17555900-1464942758_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps.

Edited by jonny777

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well. Another blank.

Going O/T for a second, does anyone know where Peckfield signal box is? I gather it is somewhere near Selby but I can't find the location.