Pawson's Prize Winning Pickles

kes

• 1 month later...

The layout worked perfectly all weekend and was such a pleasure to operate. A big thanks to my Brother in law, Peter who helped operate the two layouts. It was great to be able to hand the controller over the barrier to interested adults, and young children and let them run it. The look of joy in their eyes was worth seeing. Perhaps there is hope for railway modelling in the future.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Pawson's will be in the March 2020 Railway Modeller, and will be appearing at the following exhibitions in 2020. Redcar 1/2 Aug, Pickering 22/23 Aug, Shipley 19/20 Sept, and Hull 7/8 Nov. A busy year ahead! Of course all these were cancelled by covid!

Edited by kes
covid

• 2 years later...

So, after the mayhem caused by Covid, Pawson's is now due out at the following exhibitions: 6/7 Aug, Redcar. 20/21 Aug Pickering, Hope to see some of you there and get you operating it! It is operated from the front, so is a nice puzzle to solve.

DSCF0810.JPG

DSCF0747.JPG

DSCF0639.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Pawson's now has a suitable industrial skyline made from the Townscene range of printed backscenes, obtained from Freestone Model Accessories. The buildings were made to look distant by overspraying from a distance with white/grey/matt black aerosol cans. It was in this condition it was exhibited at Redcar and Pickering. We had great fun giving the controls to certain members of the public and getting them to shunt the yard.

IMG_20220820_091218557.jpg

• Like 8

I have just spent 3 hours reloading photos where they are still available. Some of the links in other persons posts may not work as the url's may no longer exist. At least the post should now make sense and be helpful to others. I have reinstalled all the photos in 6 different posts over the last 3 days - I now need a holiday!  Best Wishes for the New Year, from Kevin and Maggie.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/07/2019 at 23:42, kes said:

The layout worked perfectly all weekend and was such a pleasure to operate. A big thanks to my Brother in law, Peter who helped operate the two layouts. It was great to be able to hand the controller over the barrier to interested adults, and young children and let them run it. The look of joy in their eyes was worth seeing. Perhaps there is hope for railway modelling in the future.

I used to do the same with my Sparrows Wharf layout.  It must make their day at the show special being allowed to actually run a train.

Don

• Like 1