RMweb

Unusual Passengers at Goathland

colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

These chaps found their way onto the platform at Goathland and were waiting for a Pickering-bound train in June 1982

I wonder if they had been run out of town for not being goats? Do you think they might have asked for through tickets to Wool? Will they have a drink in the Baa car? Hope the next service is not hauled by a terrier. Over to you for many more opportunities....................

post-12721-0-40532100-1444826076_thumb.jpg

...spot the balance - the guy must be a tight rope walker by trade

Good observation, but not quite the right interpretation. The sheep are the clue. That's a Peculiar Pancake Thursday Levitationist, for whom the sheep are unclean creatures. He's decided to exercise his powers instead of risk contamination by stepping where the sheep have been.

Now you may object that if people really had this ability, we would know about it by now. But the fatal flaw of the PPTL's is that they don't believe in electricity, and having received their powers on achieving full enlightenment, generally buy the farm very swiftly by bridging an overhead power line to earth using their corporeal essence.

Andrew I think it's a holdall he is standing on, but spot the balance - the guy must be a tight rope walker by trade

Thank God! I thought he was hovering in mid air.... Is that a certain Dr. De...... on the left and just what is he doing anyway?

Best, Pete.

It may be that those sheep started as normal people who got on the wrong side of a hormonal young witch or wizard on there way to Hogwarts school, and obviously some of the magic is still in the air

The item which the person is standing on is from memory a stone sleeper with a rail chair fastened to it, from the original trackbed which went via Beckhole. It has been there for years.

Archived