Are Blacksmith still trading (Siphon G)?

MJI

As discussed elsewhere, it seems the Venn diagram of those who would buy RTR (and/or prefer to wait to see something RTR) and those who prefer to build a kit is fairly limited. Per the High Level 94xx thread, the imminence of an RTR item can stoke some interest in an equivalent kit. Personally, I have two slightly knackered old mainline manors. I own one Comet chassis to put under one at some point. If a quality manor kit was available, I may well 'invest.'

In any event, unless you know something the rest of us don't, it doesn't appear imminent in Bachmann's pipeline. The same argument can be made around the Churchward/Collet mogul. Given that has more variants than the Manor, I'd have thought the Mogul would be more attractive to Bachmann to bring back.

David

As it is the same base frames (as per prototype) if Bachmann produce one, the other should follow.

Personally I see a missed opportunity from Bachmann, in not producing a Bulldog. Only requires a new boiler an cab applied to existing Earl frames/tender. The way the Earl boiler/cab assembly has been designed, the Bulldog option was clearly considered.

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We get the models we want from where we have to.

I buy Parkside kits in preference to RTR wagons.

My stock is a mix of plastic WM and etched kits

OOB RTR

Detailed RTR

Heavily rebuilt RTR

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

David Geen intends to retire Dec 2018, however after his 'for sale' notice at Well's, this may be be earlier as there has been interest in taking over the business.

Mike Wiltshire

Good to know, I think I need to go over his coach lists again and work out exactly what I am going to need. 

Hope who ever does end up taking up the range ends up as someone reliable...

As it is the same base frames (as per prototype) if Bachmann produce one, the other should follow.

Personally I see a missed opportunity from Bachmann, in not producing a Bulldog. Only requires a new boiler an cab applied to existing Earl frames/tender. The way the Earl boiler/cab assembly has been designed, the Bulldog option was clearly considered.

Mike Wiltshire

Yes, good point. I agree re the Bulldog - you'd have thought something they would do not least as it would fit nicely with the other Edwardian era liveries they've done

David