'Cambrian Street'

BobM

4 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

That bridge is coming on well Bob.

I have managed to deactivate "stealth mode" mate. I can hear the little tyke now at least :D

Regards Lez.

I like that cat....he sounds fun...!

If any of your files mysteriously disappear....?

glerw7h9xvh11.jpg.c47dffd37e82d4bfbd8a3870166e1817.jpg

Regards always,

Bob

• Funny 3

26 minutes ago, danstercivicman said:

Bridge looks nice.  Are you still adding the bit underneath to lower it?

Best

Dan

Hi Dan......

Thanks for the kind posting......

I'd like too yes,,,,, originally the plan was to add another 'parapet' of bricks, as per the image taken at Wolverhampton Low Level......(posted earlier)......but as I went ahead as supplied ( due partly to everything that has been going on and therefore personally not thinking straight lately)... I am where I am with it......could add something in some manner to lower the clearance (extra girder effect perhaps)......?

Having to decide whether it's worth the extra work though....?

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

Evening Guys......

Have fixed in the 'central section' of the Llangeitho Road bridge and (although) cannot be seen a few internal strengthening spacer balsa wood pieces....had a moments 'panic' when one side of the bridge came apart due to insufficient care when glueing last night and a piece 'fractured' off....but all seems okay now repaired, will allow to fully set before attempting anything further.......

104_1694.JPG.0e597843086e9bcb3d35794ec8831ec1.JPG 104_1697.JPG.80c0905505a1ef50ce8d3fd2c7cdb9c7.JPG

Regards always my friends,,,,,,,,

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

Hi....., 

I am working on a method of lowering the appearance of the 'excessive' clearance slightly.......

,,,,,,,,,,the central section of the bridge, (that is the width of the roadway above), is to have 'support girders' - such as the ones shown in Dan's previous kind posting------

Thinking that the supports would run the 'span' rather than the width of the bridge.....hence the reduced clearance would be more noticeable....?

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

Cool.. i agree on the girders and main ones would span the gap ..  I also take it's the ply roadway and wooden bracing under it and at ends etc. :) . Will help its strength and help when painting the underside. (Aka roll it over ) :)

I spend ages trying to work out best order to do stuff, :) so I can still paint it without a yoga lesson :)

Edited by calvin Streeting
  • Like 1

Evening Guys.......

Weekend already and March too......time marches on eh....?

Here are my latest thoughts for the development (and lowering of the apparent clearance height) of Llangeitho Road bridge..........

By adding a 3/4 depth extra inset reinforcing girder...I like both the improved appearance that this has made to the structure and more importantly this also reduced the clearance from the rail height to the girder to a more acceptable 65mm.......

Possible runner.......?  I am quite happy with this and will make plans to move it forwards......I intend to add span girders within the bridge width.....

104_1702.JPG.3f4587c072f48b7cf9414df4848f3052.JPG 104_1713.JPG.67aa4f76b7016254578ac3751efdeb19.JPG 104_1712.JPG.0b3725cad56017927a62f66dbea0d76d.JPG

Regards always.....

Bob

• Like 7

On 28/02/2019 at 06:38, danstercivicman said:

Maybe something like this underneath?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F360728772429

Would just lower it a tad and hopeful be easy to do?

Best

Dan 

Hi.....

Intending to use these for the central spanning girders.....

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobM said:

Evening Guys.......

Weekend already and March too......time marches on eh....?

Here are my latest thoughts for the development (and lowering of the apparent clearance height) of Llangeitho Road bridge..........

By adding a 3/4 depth extra inset reinforcing girder...I like both the improved appearance that this has made to the structure and more importantly this also reduced the clearance from the rail height to the girder to a more acceptable 65mm.......

Possible runner.......?  I am quite happy with this and will make plans to move it forwards......I intend to add span girders within the bridge width.....

104_1702.JPG.3f4587c072f48b7cf9414df4848f3052.JPG 104_1713.JPG.67aa4f76b7016254578ac3751efdeb19.JPG 104_1712.JPG.0b3725cad56017927a62f66dbea0d76d.JPG

Regards always.....

Bob

Looks great Bob! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hu Guys.....

Hope that everyone's Saturday is going well.....?

Just putting something up for discussion and comment as I progress with the Llangeitho Road bridge......

The road width  between parapets measures  just 300mm......which if my maths is correct should equate to (in old money) 32 and one half feet....? The height of the parapet is looking roughly 6 foot from (pavement) surface.....

So will be researching possible footpath widths and lamp column distances on each side.....tarmac / concrete/ cobbles or granite sett surface as per the goods yard.......

104_1714a.jpg.943f92df708d45ec71a7dd89890e7785.jpg

Regards always,,,,,,,

Bob

Edited by BobM
parapet height added
  • Like 3

Hi.....

Just musing.........

Assuming here that a footpath / footway......could possibly be  6' wide  formed by x 2, 3' x 3' slabs...(ignoring a small curb). ob both sides of the bridge..... or simply hard surface of ash.......this would equate to 12' off the 32' width as constructed....leaving a 20' roadway..... 

Using granite setts........rather than tarmac or concrete surface and  given the late 50's early 60's time period envisaged and location...when there were many instances of horse drawn vehicles / traffic  seen on the roads this could be acceptable......looks okay to me...but as ever suggestions and comments appreciated......

104_1715.JPG.75b1fe6505ab0af8796c111f1805df54.JPG

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lezz01 said:

I kind like the second pic Bob.

regards Lez.

Hi....Cheers Lez......

Wet and windy today...?

Creating this concrete effect would be the perhaps simplest method, as it would similar to the goods yard hard surface, using the 'sugar like' foam...then painting up in a similar fashion.....?

mod4.jpg.7b6b7515751bfff9f004bdde7c20396c.jpg

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2

Hi.. looking good :) I will dig out some documents from work about roads and paths . Will be modern (health and safety polluted:) ). A pavement will enhance the lines of the road way and give opportunity for shadow lines etc. I personally love cobbles :) spent hours with clay and a old bent USB cable and stamping them one by one :) I also like to put defects and repairs in mainly to hide uneven application of the clay. :) what would be right for location of layout and year ?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening guys.....
I am open to all suggestions and options for the road surface........being a semi-urban environment station.....possibly lend itself for a paved / cobbled surface, with a footway and lamps all GWR  types as the bridge would have been there sometime.....?

It's a bit 'blowy outside'....!

Regards always

Bob

• Like 1