'Cambrian Street'

BobM

Hi.....

Going to Stafford Railway Circle Model Show tomorrow.....have a great time if anyone else on here is attending.....pleased we missed the snow, unlike previous years...!

Regards always...

Bob

55 minutes ago, BobM said:

Hi.....

Going to Stafford Railway Circle Model Show tomorrow.....have a great time if anyone else on here is attending.....pleased we missed the snow, unlike previous years...!

Regards always...

Bob

I'm meeting a mate, Martin / Gismorail, from Carrog at 12 noon at the Pay desk if you want to say hello Bob. You won't miss him, or me as he has an O Gauge Autocoach for me.

It would be good to put a PROPPER FACE :oto the name. haha.:lol::biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening Guys......(Navigating a steady course through the new look.....has a number of new and improved features....and has a fresher feel)......

Have only done half of one hour this evening....but filled in some of the thinner areas of the goods yard ashing.....also have lightened the tone slightly with added sand and applied this to the edges of the yard to vary the surface texture and colour......comments appreciated.....

104_1218.JPG.bd084b1bf07e2a5c952f12de4793b604.JPG

104_1220.JPG

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2

Hi Guys......

Had a great visit to the Stafford Show......met Andy P too...!

A 'local' show for myself, bus / train and vintage shuttle bus to showground...always well attended, friendly and welcoming......some cracking layouts with a high level of expertise and talented modelling......good trade stands....purchased the required materials for the 'Llangeitho Road Bridge' (which separates the station and goods yard section of the layout from the remainder) from Skytrek Models ..... this company is developing a fine and wide selection of  building and scenic accessories.....you'll see a number of (his) their products on Cambrian Street as the range fits neatly into my requirements and modelling abilities....

msg-32492-0-60186700-1533368776final.png.8693ccf9b86f6f2524b6ffe7e56d6caa.png

Here are few images of what caught my eye at Stafford....

104_1230.JPG.b18dc3afebd058d8b2118eef251ccc37.JPG

104_1237.JPG.aa4433fcc9e0a85ec89983bdd05453a8.JPG

• Like 8

There was so much much more to see (further images were taken) and inspiration at this show.....hope this is a flavour of what was there....?

104_1238.JPG.617d48a7ce8693ec148d4fcebf2c0ae0.JPG104_1236.JPG.c71904e13fd27ddd4306c7d444468e2e.JPG

Only wish I could emulate their talent....!

Regards always...

Bob

Edited by BobM
spelling
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

I notice lots of yard surfaces in those photos ;-)

Hi....

Must have had something on my mind....!

It was a good show.....

Regards always....

Bob

• Funny 1

.......as long as it's only an interpretation you're anticipating Andy.....not the quality....! :lol:

Sure was an enjoyable show..... hope you ha a good day too....?

Regards alway...

Bob

• Like 1

20 hours ago, danstercivicman said:

Nice :)

The lights are on :) 

Keep up the good work Bob 

Hi Dan....

Thanks......the camera has continuing problems picking up the actual tone....this time it appears a good deal lighter than it is....I am attempting to raise the to lighter tones with additional sand...will post when applied.....

Regards always...

Bob

5 hours ago, BobM said:

Here are few images of what caught my eye at Stafford....

104_1237.JPG.aa4433fcc9e0a85ec89983bdd05453a8.JPG

Hello Bob.

Great pictures from the exhibition.  I really like the one above, especially the overturned barrel spilling its contents.

Cheers

Charlie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, Charlie586 said:

Hello Bob.

Great pictures from the exhibition.  I really like the one above, especially the overturned barrel spilling its contents.

Cheers

Charlie

Hi....

Yes....I noticed that bit of detail that made me smile.....

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 2

Hi Guys......

Have spent the perusing the various inspirational bits and pieces I've brought home from Stafford Show, so have only done a half hour this evening.......placing the sleeper piles over the one set of cranks and set about constructing a makeshift platform onto which a coal bin for the pilot/ loco siding can sit, this will be camouflaged and surrounded with spilaged coal / debris...this too also has a crank beneath it......

also added a little further highlighting to the ash surface.....

Regards always.....

Bob

104_1343.JPG.dfeca43c7aea41c7cf089d420bc4141d.JPG104_1307.JPG.a667528858202723a0ae174c72fe13ad.JPG

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

Evening Guys.....

Hope you're all okay and the weekend has been 'productive'.....?

We've been getting ready for passenger service restart in two weeks time, a great deal of activity at Arley...... personally spent two days pollarding a large hazel, then a very warming bonfire....!

'Any road up'...back to modelling.....has anyone any pointers to information (either on here or off site) on construction a girder road bridge....looking for basic construction techniques at this stage......using this Skytrek facade product....the sited on a double track curve

4-060-bridge-facade-set.jpg.f2b2648477f29cc134e9c2f3699a0c45.jpg

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
photo included
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, calvin Streeting said:

whats your prefered form of consruction, card, or plastikard? :)

Hi Calvin......

I am a complete novice,,,,,but I would like to try my hand at plastikard,,,,,or even wood....I do have the two Skytrek facades to hand to use.

Cheers for the reply....

Regards always,,,,

Bob

• Like 1

well first thing is to sketch it out.. its all about propotions first, and most old victorian architceture uses a lot of the perfect rectangle (4,3) to get pleasing propotions , see https://www.google.com/search?q=perfect+rectangle+victorian+architecture&safe=off&rlz=1C1GCEB_enGB797GB797&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia5rGyxKDgAhW-VRUIHUWzCVoQ_AUIDigB&biw=1280&bih=592#imgrc=bEERox6F90OVJM: 

the perfect rectangle is eveywhere in clasic architeture.

as example. once basic outline shape is worked out use carboad to mock it up, as eaay to play to get it right. (grab various phots from google, of bits you like etc.

and then its basicaly the art of layering material cut outs to get shadows in right place as shadow defines shape. and i use shallow layers for background, but more to scale for foreground to enhcnace the perspective. 

I use plasticard, or ply and airclay now, but started with carboard and paper ages ago. :) but both work and both are fun :) 

but RE bridges look at the pad stones that support  main steel deck, they have either simple slip joints for girder to move as they expand. which meens the span can be a seperate structure, and look at the girders and thnk about how layers can make them. (i show a bit of this on my layout posts).

I could talk for ages about victorian architceture, as used to be a draftperson. :) feel free to ask any q's 

be back soonish but going to backread this post :) 

Edited by calvin Streeting
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

well first thing is to sketch it out.. its all about propotions first, and most old victorian architceture uses a lot of the perfect rectangle (4,3) to get pleasing propotions , see https://www.google.com/search?q=perfect+rectangle+victorian+architecture&safe=off&rlz=1C1GCEB_enGB797GB797&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia5rGyxKDgAhW-VRUIHUWzCVoQ_AUIDigB&biw=1280&bih=592#imgrc=bEERox6F90OVJM: 

the perfect rectangle is eveywhere in clasic architeture.

as example. once basic outline shape is worked out use carboad to mock it up, as eaay to play to get it right. (grab various phots from google, of bits you like etc.

and then its basicaly the art of layering material cut outs to get shadows in right place as shadow defines shape. and i use shallow layers for background, but more to scale for foreground to enhcnace the perspective. 

I use plasticard, or ply and airclay now, but started with carboard and paper ages ago. :) but both work and both are fun :) 

but RE bridges look at the pad stones that support  main steel deck, they have either simple slip joints for girder to move as they expand. which meens the span can be a seperate structure, and look at the girders and thnk about how layers can make them. (i show a bit of this on my layout posts).

I could talk for ages about victorian architceture, as used to be a draftperson. :) feel free to ask any q's 

be back soonish but going to backread this post :) 

Cheers Calvin.....

Will digest your kind posting.....lots to think through an plan....

Regards always...

Bob

• Like 1