Free Desktop Publishing Software

I'm looking to produce my own tops data panels and similar small items and print them on to decal paper. This doesn't require much in the way of software but there seem to be a lot of free packages out there. These things are always a minefield so I wondered if anybody had any experience of such things good or bad.

• RMweb Premium

I used Serif PagePlus Starter Edition for these TTA's. I imported in the toxic labels and Hazchem symbols from images from t'interweb.

post-408-0-17304200-1450137208_thumb.jpg

And a cruel close up

post-408-0-43409700-1450137758.jpg

I've found a better way or removing the white edges (not that they are visible from other than very close. Use a VERY sharp, i.e. new blade and then run a permanent marker pen of the relevant colour (red or black) along the cut edge, before dipping them in water.

There is a mix of coloured on clear paper and for those with white lettering with a coloured background, I printed the background onto white paper (effectively doing the text in "clear") The main Hazchem label is printed onto white paper, as are the black labels with white lettering.

If you want to print white onto clear, then there are a couple of decal printers out there that will print to your artwork.

TBH, MS "Word" has a basic drawing package that can be easy to use for numbers and rectangles.

Cheers,

Mick

I used Serif PagePlus Starter Edition for these TTA's. I imported in the toxic labels and Hazchem symbols from images from t'interweb.

attachicon.gifDSCF6761c.jpg

And a cruel close up

attachicon.gifDSCF6761s.jpg

I've found a better way or removing the white edges (not that they are visible from other than very close. Use a VERY sharp, i.e. new blade and then run a permanent marker pen of the relevant colour (red or black) along the cut edge, before dipping them in water.

There is a mix of coloured on clear paper and for those with white lettering with a coloured background, I printed the background onto white paper (effectively doing the text in "clear") The main Hazchem label is printed onto white paper, as are the black labels with white lettering.

If you want to print white onto clear, then there are a couple of decal printers out there that will print to your artwork.

TBH, MS "Word" has a basic drawing package that can be easy to use for numbers and rectangles.

Cheers,

Mick

They look spot on!

Archived