• RMweb Gold

Thanks fellas, Derek the brake tender is the new Dapol Hornby mag version, looks pretty good once weathered, I only found out about it the other week £29 so jumped on it, I've just weathered it now there's some pics on my ELJ thread.

Keith I asked the Mrs about the floor but it's a no-go :(

Paul I've not included the head shunt in this but it'll be big enough for at least a three car dmu or two 40's or peaks. I've just had a rough measure up an the depot not including head shunt would be roughly 8'x2' so it would defo need to be built in two phases, depot then station an approaches.

It's kind of making ELJ look like a baby :O

Cheers, Paul

And then the next phase should be the former Midland station next door... (OK I'll shut up)

Paul I've not included the head shunt in this but it'll be big enough for at least a three car dmu or two 40's or peaks. I've just had a rough measure up an the depot not including head shunt would be roughly 8'x2' so it would defo need to be built in two phases, depot then station an approaches.

Hi Paul

in reply to your post to me I don't have a layout thread at the moment

I will try and get some photos of my layout on later next week, with regard to fuel sidings headshunt it is only big enough to hold 1 loco class 31, 37 or 47 and 2 tta tankers.the loco has to take 2 tankers and shunt them to the fuel sidings and then go back for the 3rd tanker.opposite procedure to bring them back out and another loco

to take them to peak forest makes it a bit more interesting

Cheers Dave

PauI

Many many years ago there was an exhibition Iayout, Buxton, featured in MRN 4/1966. WideIy exhibited at the time the project was based upon Buxton, with some detaiI differences and went into a Morris Minor TraveIIer!

Don't forget that there were 2 stations in Buxton , North Western and MidIand untiI the site of the Iatter was incorporated into a road but the impressive viaduct remains

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul...

I've just been reading your ELJ posts - absolutely love the EM trackwork....

I followed your link to your Buxton thread and thought I'd pop this picture of my mirror image of the shed that used to sit on one side of my 4mm Costleigh loft layout before it got ripped up and replaced by Costleigh 7mm.

The shed still sits unfinished on a shelf below the layout....I will finish it...one day!!!

Randall

post-6897-0-83722000-1456261829.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Randall, thanks for the great compliments regarding my track work :)

Love the the depot! As for Buxton I've decided to put it on permanent hold, I've put to much time, effort, blood, sweat and tears into Edgelane Junction to throw it all away, sorry everyone and thanks for everyone's input.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

No worries mate!

It happens to me all the time, I get started on something then think "oh, that's nice" and go off on a tangent. Presently all my P4 hydraulics are packed away while I work in H0!

You can always come back to it later on.

Cheers,

John.

Thanks John, it was the thought of the depot that grabbed me but I've been thinking of plans for ELJ that in the future will incorporate a stabling point as some kind of extension, hopefully.

Hopefully anyone interested in this won't mind popping 41 miles across to the north west and can check out ELJ :)

Thanks again

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening everyone, well it's been just over a year since I last posted on this and a lot has happened, since November ELJ and everything 4mm has been sold to make way for the change up to 7mm.

Original plans where to build KX loco yard in 7mm but due to the impracticality of board construction for a portable exhibition layout I've had to give up on this idea. Now I'm not saying I'm building Buxton in 7mm as I'm still undecided what type of depot I want to build but I am going to build the fuel tanks and pump house for the next layout based on that at Buxton so thought it'd post the progress on this thread to.

More soon!

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Nice idea Paul but be careful not to have to many threads duplicating the same thing, or you'll be so busy writing on here you'll never get any Modelling done.

Haha I'll be asking for more advice of you then Andy to see how you manage ;)

I might just put everything on my 7mm workbench thread.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Although it's not entirely Buxton related I've started planning an early diesel depot layout in 7mm with the shed very much based on the design of that at Buxton, the fuel storage tanks will also be modelled on those at Buxton to.

Hope it may be of interest and here's a link

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/122299-north-mersey-diesel/

Cheers

Archived