Bishop Auckland Railway Show

durham light infantry

Paul

You obviously forgot to bring the chips for Simon, he looked like he needed a challenge in between fixing all my locos :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Layout looks pretty good by the way as do the others, a cracker of a show and a veritable bargain for the entry fee

Had a great afternoon at show, venue much better than last year. All the layouts were up to a very impressive standard. Enjoyed "Wildale" shows just what can be done with O gauge in a small length. If you haven't seen the show put it on the list to do's for tomorrow.

Felton Lane is packed and ready to go in the morning. Next stop Bishop Aukland...ohmy.gif

Probably got everything...unsure.gif

Thanks for chatting today, good to meet you! (I was the one with the little red-haired toddler). Definitely worth the entry fee! And a great bit of serendipity that Tornado and Lord of the Isles were in steam a few miles away today.

Me and my Dad called in on the way to the Weardale railway ( i knew the show was on but didn't know where!) and came across the signs, so we popped in for 20 mins or so and Durham Trains of Stanley had some very tempting N Gauge container wagons. I was out of money so my Dad bought them tongue.gif

Some nice layouts there aswell, Felton Lane looked brilliant, and Paul looked a little nervous but who can blame him wink.gif Also the 2mm FS layout was very nice, but i can't remember the name!

No beer for me unfortunatley, 16 year olds aren't allowed ( dry.gif ) and my Dad was driving... Oh well

Well done everyone :)

Ste

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike and team for a great couple of days, here's a few photos from the show. Sorry, didn't get any shots of Teesbay or Wildale.

29th Street Wharf

post-7104-127291195206.jpg

post-7104-127291195573.jpg

St Mawgan

post-7104-127291196318.jpg

post-7104-127291196594.jpg

Stainsby

post-7104-127291196876.jpg

Ted making trees

post-7104-12729119724.jpg

Wansbeck Road

post-7104-127291198072.jpg

post-7104-127291199168.jpg

post-7104-127291199883.jpg

And my own Felton Lane

post-7104-127291201626.jpg

We went in yesterday morning. Not for as long as I'd have liked as I had the children with me, but it was worth the trip. Stainsby has moved on a great deal from when I last saw it and Paul's layout above, though I'm sure he's too modest to say it, looks like being another little gem as well. In fact for a very small show the quality of the layouts all round was excellent.

Archived