Yesterday's bristol O gauge show

andy brad

I hope i have put this in the correct place new member of the forum i did a search and could find no ref to the bristol O gauge show i attended yesterday as i live just across the bridge my wife and i had a trip over it is held in the university complex just off the m32. i am not into O gauge as such but some fine modelling to be seen and a good amount of traders. some pics i took for your interest. andy

post-28131-0-36077200-1454346348_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-71551100-1454346358_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-62580400-1454346375_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-86865500-1454346388_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-34181400-1454346400_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-23970800-1454346417_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-16539900-1454346430_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-84935900-1454346441_thumb.jpgpost-28131-0-62073600-1454346453_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Speaking as an O Gauge dabbler I thought it was an excellent show in an excellent venue - I particularly like the way at 9.59 you are sat in the restaurant outside the show and at 10.01 the partitions have gone and you are in the show without actually moving!

My thanks to the organisers.

Chris

Railwayrod and I made our annual pilgrimage there yesterday. I didn't buy anything there apart from a bacon roll and a couple of coffees but a very pleasant day out.

I missed the bacon roll they stopped serving them at 11am and ran out of clarks pies LOL nice day out

andy

I missed the bacon roll they stopped serving them at 11am and ran out of clarks pies LOL nice day out

andy

Ah Clarks Pies also known as exploders when I lived in Bristol due to them exploding all down your front when bit into being full of runny innerds, it takes the consumption of a few to learn how to eat them.......if there dryish and no problem to eat there NOT fresh

I missed the bacon roll they stopped serving them at 11am and ran out of clarks pies

By the time I went for some food they'd run out of everything apart from a vegan vegetable-based wrap which didn't turn me on at all!

Apart from the hunger pangs & the foul conditions on the motorway, a very enjoyable day out.

Railwayrod and I made our annual pilgrimage there yesterday. I didn't buy anything there apart from a bacon roll and a couple of coffees but a very pleasant day out.

Were the comestibles 0FS or S7? Were they standard or narrow gauge? I think we should be told.

I hope i have put this in the correct place new member of the forum i did a search and could find no ref to the bristol O gauge show i attended yesterday as i live just across the bridge my wife and i had a trip over it is held in the university complex just off the m32. i am not into O gauge as such but some fine modelling to be seen and a good amount of traders. some pics i took for your interest. andy

attachicon.gifDSCN1342.jpg

It is a long-shot but... Has anyone got any further info/images of Chard Creamery (little layout in second image)? Looks right up my street!

Cheers,

David

It is a long-shot but... Has anyone got any further info/images of Chard Creamery (little layout in second image)? Looks right up my street!

Cheers,

David

David  -  I see you're from Jarrow.  Big coincidence, I know, but "Mr Chard Creamery" is just round the corner from you  -  in South Shields.

Shouldn't be too difficult to track him down if you put your Poirot hat on & twiddle your moustache  .  .  .  .

Taken at Swindon Steam September 2013:

attachicon.gifDSC02700.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02701.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02702.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02703.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02704.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02705.JPG

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that you have taken the time to upload those shots. The helpfulness of so many members of RM Web never ceases to amaze me!  :good:

What a lovely little layout and helps me no end for my developing idea. 

Cheers again,

David 

David  -  I see you're from Jarrow.  Big coincidence, I know, but "Mr Chard Creamery" is just round the corner from you  -  in South Shields.

Shouldn't be too difficult to track him down if you put your Poirot hat on & twiddle your moustache  .  .  .  .

What an amazing coincidence and thanks for the tip off!!! (he says as he dons his hat and heads to the seaside to begin on the sleuthing trail...)

Hi

Few more pics for you, taken today at Stafford:-

All the best

Katy

Hi Katy,

Thanks, again I am very grateful! Turned out to be a very timely question and I do appreciate you sharing here. 

David

Archived