NORTH ROAD

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

It's starting to look really good now, I love the turntable!

Oh dear, déjà vu, have I already said this? Sorry if so, been reading too much.

Can't wait to make a start on my own projects.

Cheers,

John

Thanks John, I'm looking forward to see what you do with Compton Abbas, and your next project.

Hi Andy,

Looking the 'bees-knees' mate, lots of lovely loco's and right up my street until the demise of Bermuda Road. I did notice the stranger in the camp in the form of 9F 92077 which must have been borrowed by Bath as all S&D 9F's were double chimney versions. Keep up the good work.

Hi Andy,

Looking the 'bees-knees' mate, lots of lovely loco's and right up my street until the demise of Bermuda Road. I did notice the stranger in the camp in the form of 9F 92077 which must have been borrowed by Bath as all S&D 9F's were double chimney versions. Keep up the good work.

Yes Mike, Maintained elsewhere but not well enough, FAILED at Bath, hhahahha

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress to report on?

NO in a word, I have been informed by Hattons that the other Engine Shed will be dispatched to me next week, I can then work out the final position  of the Main Shed and do the pits.

Due to the week away, and now a push to get some more work done on Pencarne ready for a Photo Shoot, things have been deferred away from NR.

North Road is a VERY long term project so there is no rush at this point until I have everything in place, but there will be some pics when the new Shed arrives.

• RMweb Premium

"VERY long term project" you say.   "No rush" you add.

I presume that means it will not be finished until the end of the month instead of next week.

Heaven forbid you should be slowing down because you have had another birthday.

The shed you've got from Liverpool is what I have for Son of HA. A nice building.

I think that you either need to tone that one down or make the 4 road shed slightly darker. Personally I'd go with toning down the new one.

Still not sure, the ORIGINAL Plan was to have two roads in front of the Main Shed, and two Roads behind it, and THEN the new Shed behind them, like so.

post-9335-0-52717400-1462397154_thumb.png

It's all going to look a bit Crowded now I think.

• RMweb Premium

If it was me I would put it in and probably end up wondering where I could squeeze in another shed.

Therefore, suggest you follow Mr Flann's advice and not mine.  He has the experience, the form and the results on the board.

Cheers Guys, it's gone back from whence it came, I've ordered something for Porth Merryn instead.

post-9335-0-57725100-1462448448_thumb.jpg

Just looked totally wrong, I measured it for West Shed to replace the Metcalfe one but that didn't work either, so I have had / will have a refund and I've ordered another item that I will show on Porth Merryn later.

I will now move the main Shed more to the back and to the right and that will leave more room for the Engine Lift at the front and a couple of Sidings to the rear

post-9335-0-07063200-1462448643_thumb.png

Just one small observation, why not have the departure road instead of the siding above the arrival road on the plan, so as to avoid any conflicting movements around the shed? That is if your planning to have many 'turn-round' operations.   :sungum:  

Just one small observation, why not have the departure road instead of the siding above the arrival road on the plan, so as to avoid any conflicting movements around the shed? That is if your planning to have many 'turn-round' operations.   :sungum:  

I see where your coming from, but I also wanted a long Goods Siding to act as a Goods Departure Road, I will NOT rule it out for now, but I already have 3 Roads to the TT, do I really need any more?

• 1 month later...

I had a visitor in the form of John Bottomly this evening and we have a running session on North Road with the Blue Diesels, it was fun.

post-9335-0-27685100-1465418657_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-85852500-1465418708_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92967200-1465418747_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83149300-1465418788_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44759500-1465418833_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-64944500-1465418880_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13832600-1465418923_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25323600-1465418965_thumb.jpg

All with Sound, it was a bit noisy, hahhaha

Archived