NORTH ROAD

Andrew P

I like the way that this is progressing. It looks really good

Cheers Duncan, I hope to get the TT in this week, then I can put some feeds in and start testing / playing to ensure its exactly what I'm looking for.

If you check out my Kingsmill thread, you will see its was the Modern Image equivalent of this, and that was one of my most enjoyable layouts to operate despite some short comings with Track Laying etc.

Hi Andy,

Just me being silly!

A class 66 is also known as a shed! Because of the shape of the roof, I think. Mind, I think the different companies locos have different nicknames, like Freightliner ones are called Fred's etc.

Anyway, I'm just a silly beggar!

Cheers buddy,

John

Hi Andy,

Just me being silly!

A class 66 is also known as a shed! Because of the shape of the roof, I think. Mind, I think the different companies locos have different nicknames, like Freightliner ones are called Fred's etc.

Anyway, I'm just a silly beggar!

Cheers buddy,

John

Cheers John, now I GET IT, hahhaha

Cheers Duncan, I hope to get the TT in this week, then I can put some feeds in and start testing / playing to ensure its exactly what I'm looking for.

If you check out my Kingsmill thread, you will see its was the Modern Image equivalent of this, and that was one of my most enjoyable layouts to operate despite some short comings with Track Laying etc.

I remember Kingsmill well. If you can achieve something along those lines without the track laying issues, you'll definitely be on to a winner.

Well worth the visit just to see the huge 0 gauge layout downstairs.

Thanks Clive, There will be 3 O Gauge Layouts, the New Colliery under construction, the Dornoch Branch, and or course Wychnor on Trent. After Easter some members of the O Gauge Group are going to start work on an O Gauge / Narrow Gauge, American Layout, so that should be a Work in Progress for the Mince Pie Event.

Cheers George, that's the hold up at the moment, I'm busy getting stuff ready for this weekend, PLUS I collected another weathering job for a friend last night so that will take most of today and Saturday,(Good Friday tomorrow so Mum's coming over for Lunch) but Lee's is coming over next week to give me a hand, plus, A he's done one before, and B he has a better Jig Cutter than mine, (less vibration) and that will also do a neater job as its 12mm Ply.

• RMweb Premium

Tell me Andy what does your Mum really think about your trains?

My mum and I do not see eye to eye about this hobby so I am genuinely interested.

My mum and I do not see eye to eye about this hobby so I am genuinely interested.

Hi Bogie,

My Dad was in the same frame of mind. My cousin had called round when I was about 9 or 10 asking 'can I take Michael to the engine sheds' I had no idea what he meant but can still remember his reply 'take him anywhere out of my sight' (he had a way with words my Dad!) Anyway after visiting Corkerhill MPD I was well and truly smitten and it did not take long before my Dad was complaining saying 'I don't see what you see in those things' and such like, sadly he left us in 1976 none the wiser over the attraction, I hope he's looking down and understanding after all the effort I've put into the hobby in the last 50+ years! Hahaha :angel:

Hi Bogie,

My Dad was in the same frame of mind. My cousin had called round when I was about 9 or 10 asking 'can I take Michael to the engine sheds' I had no idea what he meant but can still remember his reply 'take him anywhere out of my sight' (he had a way with words my Dad!) Anyway after visiting Corkerhill MPD I was well and truly smitten and it did not take long before my Dad was complaining saying 'I don't see what you see in those things' and such like, sadly he left us in 1976 none the wiser over the attraction, I hope he's looking down and understanding after all the effort I've put into the hobby in the last 50+ years! Hahaha :angel:

My Mum's 92, and really don't care anymore, I don't think my Dad ever understood it, OR for that matter where it came from.

From the age of about 9  up to 12 My mate next door and I would get the Train from Addlestone in Surrey, to Stains, then the Free Bus to Heathrow where I would spend all Saturday Plane Spotting. And on a Sunday we went to Fairoaks Airfield where Dick Emery and other Celebs kept their Planes.

From 12 to about 16 it was all Guitars and Bands.

Then 16 to almost 27 it was all Trials and Moto Cross,

Then one day I was talking to a Guy at Work about Trains, he had an Evening Star and Britania, and he sold me a Lord of the Isles set. I traded that in for Farrish N Gauge and then went Continental for a few years.

Then I met George and the Guitars and Bands came back alongside Model Railways.

As for the Good Wife

NO COMMENT

Really looking forward to the visit on Sunday, and take a few picture ?

Cheers Mate, I'm looking forward to getting some more done after this weekends Open Weekend at the Club,(see advert above) where I'll be busy doing Weathering Demos etc. Hopefully the TT will go in next week and progress will start again in earnest.

• RMweb Premium

My Mum's 92, and really don't care anymore, I don't think my Dad ever understood it, OR for that matter where it came from.

From the age of about 9  up to 12 My mate next door and I would get the Train from Addlestone in Surrey, to Stains, then the Free Bus to Heathrow where I would spend all Saturday Plane Spotting. And on a Sunday we went to Fairoaks Airfield where Dick Emery and other Celebs kept their Planes.

From 12 to about 16 it was all Guitars and Bands.

Then 16 to almost 27 it was all Trials and Moto Cross,

Then one day I was talking to a Guy at Work about Trains, he had an Evening Star and Britania, and he sold me a Lord of the Isles set. I traded that in for Farrish N Gauge and then went Continental for a few years.

Then I met George and the Guitars and Bands came back alongside Model Railways.

As for the Good Wife

NO COMMENT

Hope your mum is in good health.

My mum's aversion to model trains is hard to explain.

I still remember steam locomotives in Brisbane but diesel engines were the main memory.  My uncle who worked at Walkers (Maryborough, Qld) worked on the design of the DH class.  DH073 is now named after my late uncle.  My dad always took great pride in pointing out the distinctive green and yellow shunter designed by his older brother.

My interest in British trains was prompted by a book published in the 1950's my grandmother had that had belonged to my mother's older brother.  It contained pictures of famous engines from the glory days of steam.  I loved looking at this book as a small boy.  So as a result my layout allows GWR, LMS and LNER.  Not entirely accurate but childhood memories are the main catalyst - having never seen the originals.

As explained on my Doriston thread my wife is far more accommodating than my mother when it comes to model trains.

This truly is a great hobby.  I just wish my kids would show an interest.

Archived